Tuesday, May 20, 2008



Did you watch the Extreme Home Makeover Finale on Sunday evening? I forgot to remind everyone to watch it so we could all see Seth and Dana's one chance for stardom. Well, do not worry too much if you missed it. Seth and Dana didn't make the final cut to be shown for all of the hard, voluntary work they did that week. In fact, close to none of those regular workers were shown. I suppose that is what America would rather see.....those goofy designers and hot chicks with pink tool belts working. Ok, I am giving ABC too hard of a time, and I am afraid my blog might disintegrate over night if I say much more.... The show was just fine and I am so happy for that family and church to get a nice new start in life. It was quite sweet.

We went to a viewing party hosted by Deltec Homes at the Cinebarre that night. It was OK, but would have been better if Seth would have done a short little interview for WLOS and scored some news time. I had it all set up for him on one of our bathroom breaks but he would not do it! I tried my darnedest to get them to interview me instead, but when they realised that I hadn't even gone down there I got shot down. I told them that I could definitely work up a few tears, but they weren't impressed. (tears is something else America must want to see because over half of the show was dedicated to someone crying) ANYWHO, Seth and I might be alike in many, many ways, but when it comes to performing or getting in front of the camera, we are night and day. So Seth ushered me back to the theater after apologising to the news crew saying, "She gets all weird when there is a camera around guys." He had such a point there cause I DO get weird in front of a camera and I have since I was little. Most of our home videos include me being hugely obnoxious and a camera hog. I don't want to even begin to think about what that implies about my character. Let's not go there.


Dana wouldn't go out there to get a little airtime either. Come on, fellows, that was free advertising! So, oh well.


We did enjoy the hour leading up to the show because they played some clips of the actual building process and interviewed the folks who came from all over the country to make the project happen. I guess after the first few episodes viewers do not want to see how cool it is that they really build these house in a week. That might get redundant and they would rather see those eccentric designers instead. Well, I will close this with a quote from my friend, Paul, "It was a great thing everybody did, in spite of the oprah-like tear fest and the big-headed TV stars. We know who the real heroes are!"

Click here for a clip from the "show"

2 comments:

Leah said...

We actually happened to be at the Stones house so we watched the whole episode. I am sorry Seth didn't get into the final cut... but that pink toolbelt was something else. :-P

L

Anonymous said...

Ok, that clip was hilarious. For the record, I don't think you were obnoxious in the home videos, they would have been rather dull without you!
Lorie