Monday, September 17, 2007

I am on a blogging kick. I was thinking about heading off to bed but thought I would write a little something about our weekend. Seth played in a baseball tournament with his brother in Georgia so we tagged along to visit the Harrison side of the family. We always have a great time down there. Caleb and Adam ADORE their cousins, Walker and Amy (Aaron too, but he is only 3 months old) and I like hanging out with Seth's sister, Angie. The kids play so well together and I barely see them most of the time a part from feeding them and getting them off to bed. Caleb and Walker usually pair off and then Amy and Adam play together. It is really sweet. Angie and I cleaned up her upstairs room and I scored some more stuff to use for our homeschooling. Angie has given me loads of curriculum for school. She has clothed my kids as well. Without her pass downs, my kids would be illiterate and naked. ............ As of now they are just illiterate. My point is that Angie is very generous and I appreciate all that she provides for us.


Speaking of homeschooling, it is going well. I am so blessed because everyone close to me is very supportive of our decision. Angie has been homeschooling now for 5 years and has been a wealth of information and encouragement to me. We sit down for "school" during Annabelle's morning nap, but mainly I am focusing on teaching throughout the day. I like that parenthood makes you view the world so differently. Who knew that I could ever get so excited about dirtbikes or tractors or guns? Seeing the world through the boys' eyes makes me realize how much there is out there to learn.

On the ride home, Seth and I entertained ourselves (when I wasn't turned around tending to Annabelle) by playing name that tune with the radio. Neither of us listen to the radio so we were not very good. I waxed him in the beginning because there are a lot of country stations near Atlanta. I don't really listen to much country but I can recognize voices well. He beat me when it came to classic rock though. We laughed a lot and entertained one another with it. I even got a rap song correct because I recognized it from my aerobics cd. Here is what I took from it all:
1. The Judds are/were so talented in their day. I like them so much and will have get one of my Dad's cds to burn. Did they write their own music? We heard them sing "Have Mercy".
2. If it is a "today's rock" station, a good guess is always "Nickelback"
3. Crosby Stills and Nash is good guess for lots of songs that sound a little familiar but I am not sure about.
4. Most music on the radio makes me want to puke.

Back to the weekend visit. Caleb and Adam cried and cried when we left. We will get back down soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, what a wonderful thing to do for distant relatives who never really get the chance to visit once they have their own family,Untill they get old enough to retire and travel.
You need to show me sometime how you did that. I love you guys !! Aunt Diane (in Maryland)