Friday, October 5, 2007

Dollywood

I finally have a little time to write about our adventures in Pigeon Forge. Grandaddy and I took Kiah and my three kiddos over on Tuesday night and then Aunt Amie, Uncle Chuck, Mimi, Lanie and Lucie met us at Dollywood on Wednesday. We had a blast!

Our family (the Bartletts) used to get season passes to Dollywood every summer and so I have wonderful childhood memories of going there. However, Dollywood has grown so much that I barely recognize the place now. There are SO many rides and attractions and it is close to home. OK, I will leave it at this: I was really impressed. The kids loved riding all of the rides and playing in the water park section.

It has been a really long time since I have ridden a roller coaster. I love them! I f you haven't ridden a roller coaster in a while, I highly recommend it. There is nothing that makes you feel more like a kid again than riding one and then running back around to get on one more time because the line was so short. Amie, Chuck and I rode the Tennessee Tornado and the Mystery Mine a few times while Mimi and Grandaddy watched the children. It was great!
Here are a few photos:

The kids at the end of a the day...tired and wet!









The Veggie Tales Roller: You can see Adam, Kiah and me.












Grandaddy, Kiah, Adam, and Caleb on the RAMPAGE! Caleb and Adam's favorite!






Annabelle playing in the water.











Amie took most of the pictures so I will probably post a few more later.

That night Mimi stayed with the kids and me at the time share condo. We went to the Smokey Mountain Knife Works where I almost bought Caleb and Adam pocket knives. Did you just gasp? They wanted them so badly and I think every boy (or man for that matter) should have a good pocket knife........ Maybe just not 4 and 6 year olds. What age do you think would be appropriate? I told a man that worked there that I needed the dullest knives they sold. He looked at me a little weird and said I could buy one and get them to dull it down in the workshop. We didn't have time for all of that so they settled for sling shots and toy machine guns. If you don't have a son, you may think that you would never let yours play with guns or knives. However, they will most likely use sticks as their guns and swords instead. Most little boys are just wired that way. Mine are.

Here is what Seth refers to as the "Westside Militia":

note the machine gun, sword and sling shot.

So, to sum it all up, I think everyone should go to Dollywood at least once in their lifetime. It is fun for all. The only thing we would change about the next trip would be to plan ahead so that Seth could take off work and come with us!!!!

1 comment:

Rick said...

You guys are fitting right into West Asheville!