Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Adam


It was Adam's 5th birthday this past Sunday. Yeah, you are probably thinking, "Isn't he already five?" That is how I feel. We had a little party for him with the Bartletts and plan on having another little one this weekend down at Bear Creek with the Harrisons. He was precious. Each time he opened a gift, he immediately showed it to Caleb knowing that, in a way, they were for him too. He got LOTS of legos and (as always) some toy dirt bikes. I made him a dirtbike cake for the third year in a row. It wasn't as good as previous years. I had a late night before the party so I was in a bit of a daze while making it. Adam didn't seem to notice though.........he was just excited about the new little toy dirtbikes on top. I can't seem to load the video from the party so here are some pictures instead. Oh my! I almost forgot to mention that it was also Grandaddy's birthday as well. Happy birthday Grandaddy and Adam! We love you!




















Since today is Halloween, I thought that I would say a little about this holiday. I think that Halloween is weird. We are going trick or treating and all and I won't go into "redeeming halloween" or anything like that, I just think it is a weird holiday. It is weird to decorate your house with cobwebs, witches, and demons. I just think that the gore is strange. Completely normal folks put tombstones and coffins in their yards to celebrate Halloween.....and their might even be some demon-type thing coming out of the coffin too. Weird. Now don't get me wrong, dressing up is one of my all time favorite pastimes. And I LOVE candy. I just think that it is weird to scare people and such. Actually, I try to avoid scaring my kids at all costs.

So that is my take on it all. Oh yeah, last note, I have also noticed that Halloween has been an opportunity for women to dress really slutty. You could be a slutty firewoman, or a slutty nurse, or a slutty cat, or a slutty pirate.....or you could even just go as a hooker. I have been a cowgirl (a fairly unslutty one) for the last couple of years because it is easy.


There you go. Everyone go put on your slutty costumes and try to scare the crap out of folks this evening. I will post pictures later this week from our festivities. Kiah and Lorie are coming over for trick or treating. Then, Seth and I are going to see the Widespread Panic Halloween show in Asheville. I have never been "out" on Halloween. We have no costumes and it is all my fault. I don't want to be a cowgirl again. Anyone have any suggestions? We need something that is cheap (but not cheap -looking) available within 5 hours from now, comfortable, and slutty (just kidding) Oh yeah, and something that you do not have to explain to anyone. ........Looks like we will be going as our grungy little selves. During college, we always went down to Bear Creek and since we've had kids, we have just stayed at the house. A post may be in order after my experience tonight.

In the meantime, here are some really cute videos of the kids:

This one is Adam playing the drums in Annabelle's pumpkin costume.


This is after the birthday party. The kids had tons of fun sledding down our slope in front of the house. The slope has been something that prospective buyers dislike about our house but they just don't see the sledding potential. You can sled without snow and it evens out just perfectly so that you never hit the deck. Sorry that the videos are so dark.



Thanks for reading and see ya later!

2 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Happy birthday Adam! I like the video, is that really annabelle's costume? that is too funny.

Anonymous said...

This one is as goofy as his Mom!