Monday, November 5, 2007

Bear Creek is some property in south Georgia where the Harrison family hunts. Fishing, riding bikes and fourwheelers, sleeping campers and tents, being with Walker, building fires...... It is just about as close to "heaven on earth" for the Harrison boys as it gets. Oh yes, not to mention that there is a serious dirtbike track a quarter of a mile down the road. Yep, the boys were in heaven.

We were originally going to drive down early Friday morning, however, Thursday morning Seth convinced me to throw our stuff in bags and head down there for a long weekend get-away. We left the house a mess....and it is still a mess.....OK, I am not going to go all into that. It was great to see Caleb and Adam having so much fun.

We had a really great time. I love being outdoors too. Annabelle had a blast though she is really not in the best stage to do all that. We were able to sleep in Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Carolyn's house which was quite wonderful. I spent a lot of time running after her making sure that she didn't fall into the fire, or into the pond, or get run over by a four wheeler. We got to spend time with Jacob (12) and Katie (8) (Seth's cousin's kids). Adam definitely has a crush on Katie. When she got there on Friday evening, he was really embarrassed that his feet were so dirty so he had me wash them before he could hang out with her. It was too cute. Nana organized a birthday party for him and bought him some more dirt bike toys. He was ecstatic!

Seth and I played some music around the campfire after dark. We really need to work up some new songs that people are familiar with. We actually made a list on the trip home so y'all can expect to be able to sing along next trip!

Seth loves that place too. I think they are going back again this weekend. I plan on staying here and cleaning house.

Oh yeah, about that Widespread Panic show.
-I should have worn a costume.
-It was fun.
-Seth will be going solo from now on. I am sticking to my sweet, mellow, Americana, singer/songwriter folky shows.
-It was a filthy experience.


I had better get to bed. I will write a more upbeat post later.

Goodnight y'all.

No comments: