Thursday, November 27, 2008


We spent Thanksgiving here this year rather than traveling to Georgia. We had a delicious meal at Mimi's house with Granny, Pawpaw, Aunt Karen, Uncle Gary, Aunt Lorie and Kiah. I got to spend some good quality time with my mom and Lorie before the meal cooking together while Seth watched the boys outside and Annabelle napped. Nowadays when I am with my mom, I try to soak up all of her wisdom and learn as much as I can from her. I feel like I am making up for all of the time I didn't spend with her in high school learning things like how to cook and such. I was just too busy with my retarded social life during that time period and wasn't interested all the things I regard so highly now. Thankfully I still live close enough for that now....though it is harder to do with three rowdy children in tow. Anyhow, I think I may put roasting a turkey on our menu plan since it really isn't all that complicated and provides a lot of meat for a decent price.
















After we ate, we all went outside to enjoy the first fire in the fireplace that Grandaddy built on their new outdoor living patio/deck place. They have been working for a long time on that and it was great to enjoy the fruits of their labor. I can't wait for the hot tub to go in! The fire was lovely and kept us quite warm despite the cold weather.

You can't imagine how much these guys miss each other now that Kiah is in Boone. They are so darn giddy when they get together now that I can hardly stand them. Nah, it is too sweet. Do you remember how wonderful I think siblings can be? I truly believe that my kids will not only have one another for that bond, but will also have cousins in the same manner.

I played some of my songs for everyone (Granny and Pawpaw are my second biggest fans right after Mom and Dad)and then we took our tired children home to get to bed.


I am stuffed and looking forward to our annual post Thanksgiving class at the gym called "Burn the Bird" in the morning. I am only teaching part of it but I get to do kickboxing which is my favorite thing to lead these days.

7 comments:

Becky Swann said...

What a good thanksgiving! I love their firepit! i want to go soak some wisdom from your mom too, wanna share moms? :) I miss you we need to play together soon, we have been bad!
I'm thankful for you!!

KatieKate said...

Ohhhhh, I love that outdoor fireplace!!!

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun with all of you. I think the distance is making me realize what a gift that I have in your friendship/sisterhood. You are the coolest. I am so thankful for my sisters this year. The older that I get, the more I appreciate you and Amie and Leslie. That our kids love each other so much is so wonderful and so precious.
Aunt Lorie

Unknown said...

I love that fireplace too. looks like such a great time.

Anonymous said...

I am SO sad we didnt get to hang out at the first fire!!! I miss you all- I miss Lorie and Boo and JB too!!! Christamas will be special!

Miss you!!! Amie

Adam and Annie said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgivng. That's not the same outdoor fireplace we went to for your birthday is it? I love that you guys have those. I know what you mean about "mom time". I can't get my fill now. At least we have time to make it up now!

Melissa said...

Julie, I love reading your blog! I found it through Melanie, but have been keeping up with it off and on for a while now. Your kids are adorable. Seeing you all together is awesome. I know what you mean about soaking up wisdom. I wish I'd soaked up more from your Aunt Karen when I was around her, since I'm teaching now. She's inspired me so much. If you think of it, tell her I said THANKS for me the next time you see her.