Friday, December 12, 2008

sick sick sick

I am actually a little afraid to post now because I am sure I lost some major brain cells with my fever over the last couple of weeks. I have ran a fever anywhere from 100 to 104 degrees and I am pretty sure that is brain damage range. So, I will warn you ahead of time if the quality of my writing has gone down a bit.
Yeah, I have had the flu for 12 days now. I still have it. I have been in bed for most of those days and spent the others wishing I could have been in bed. I definitely don't want to get on here and whine and complain, I just thought I would update everyone on our family's happenings. Seth took the kids to Georgia over the weekend and I went to my mom's house. Seth said that his family is all aware of Annabelle being a genius now. (just kidding) They were amazed by her vocabulary and she enjoyed entertaining Nana and Papa all weekend. Caleb said he had a great time building HUGE forts in the woods with Walker and Adam said he and Amy had fun playing "animals". When they got home, they stayed at Mimi's house during the day while Seth worked and sat in the bed with me a little. I had missed them so much. That was the longest I had ever been away from Annabelle. Then Seth came and got them and I stayed there at night until Wednesday. Now I am home and if I work it just right with my meds, I can keep the fever down. Thankfully, Seth has been Mr. Mom and Mimi has taken very good care of me. Aunt Amie even sent us dinner one night.

So, y'all all pray for me to get better. My kids are going to be retarded from all of the television they have watched.

And most importantly:

GET YOUR FLU SHOT TODAY!
(I have heard that the flu nose spray is even more effective)

8 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Oh my, I saw on your mom's facebook that ya'll were sick! I hate that for you! When I was sick and preggers my sister sent me a card that was so weird it made me laugh...I think YOU will apreciate it so I will write what it said, on the outside, "I'm sorry you are sick" and on the inside "If I could make all the birds in the world sick instead I would"
So theres some of my sister weirdness to make you feel all better!

The Sooz said...

I was wondering on Sunday where you were. I now know the answer. I hope you feel better soon. Also, for the record, I do have my flu shot. So, I'm safe to be around you once you're feeling a bit better.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

oh juie!!!! your writing is still hilarious if that is any consolation for you!!!!! i am so sorry you are still sick. when i went to class today i thought that no way you could still be sick, and you are!!! can i help you? i would love to help!

KatieKate said...

Aw! I was wondering where you were out there in blogland. Sorry to hear it was for a lovely fever. Gross.

Hope you are on the mend and watching some FABULOUS daytime tv.

Courtney said...

I'm sorry your sick.. that is definitely no fun.. I'll be praying that you get better!!

Tracy said...

Hope you get to feeling better! I am sorry and I am sure your kids will be fine.you are a great mother and its been rainy anyways!

Rick said...

Quit your whining Jules!
OK - just kidding, I really do feel bad for you. Well, I actually don't 'feel' bad, I feel really good...unlike you...um...sorry. So I hope you feel better, so you can stop whining. Just kidding (but seriously).

Unknown said...

So so sorry that you have been so sick. I'm glad to hear from you because I was worried when Becky said she saw that on facebook. I know you are missed very much by many. the gym is suffering I'm sure. actually a friend of mine that takes your classes told me that you are her favorite teacher and she doesn't want to go to class because you are not there. she said you give her the best workout, so there's some encouragement to feel better. hope you recover fully before the holidays.