Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I am trying to keep Face book from killing my blog, no matter how much it wants to.

It is just so much easier and takes so much less thought. (though sometimes I don't feel like I put much thought into my posts) Of course there is all the feedback one gets through face book versus blogging. I can't tell you how much I love to get comments on my blog no matter what they say. On face book, all you have to do is say "Julie is hoping for a great day." (or something like that) and boom, you may get a couple of comments. Folks can write on your "wall" for no reason at all sometimes so that is always interesting. I have gotten closer to a number of folks by chatting back and forth here and there because of it too. (they are people that I see through the week anyhow mostly at the gym) On the other hand, I found a few very dear friends that I have totally lost touch with as well. It has been good....... but it is addictive. And if something is addictive for an average person, it will probably be 10 times as addictive for me.

so there you have it. My reasoning for less blogging lately. I only have a certain amount of time for the ol' computer and if I go there first, I don't make it here.

So thanks so much to Becky for recommending face book to me, you have enhanced my life!

Moving on to other things. We went to the Wayensville Rec center Monday to swim. Emily and Taylor, our neighbors, came along. The chlorine worked wonders on the boys' poison ivy. It was fun but even though Annabelle can't make it at a pool as long as the others. Thank God for a pacie and some snacks!





Then that night the guys played in the snow as it fell. It was so cold and I said to Seth, "do you really want to do this at night?"
He replied, "Considering it only snow about once every three years around here, yes..... we will outside if you need us."
They had such a good time sledding down our mulch slope out front. Annabelle and I chose to just watch out the window in the warmth of our house. They also completely revamped the fire pit to get rid of any remnants of poison ivy lurking around there. Seth made a very cool bench that I will have to venture out and get a picture of sometime. (It looks great from the window!)



Annabelle loves to help me cook. (too bad I hate to cook) We were making pancakes here. Boy, we made a mess! She prefers to live life in her diaper alone. I hope it is just a stage.







I thought I had the whole potty training thing figured out until Annabelle came along. My philosophy was this: do not push, do not try some intricate system, just be patient. When they are ready, they'll get it. Caleb taught me that (about other things too) and pretty much decided one day to start wearing underwear (he was well over three though). Adam did the same at 2 because I told him he would get a toy bobcat tractor when he potty trained. Neither of them were interested in it before and neither of them ever peed in their pants. Like I said, I had it all figured out.

Now there is Annabelle.
She has been interested for a loooong time now. She is dying to wear panties (though I think mainly for the fashion of them) but pees in them most of the time when she does. Plus there is the fact that she is sitting on the toilet (boys were outside) and touching everything and trying to wipe. It is a mess! SO there goes my "when they are interested, they are ready" philosophy.




7 comments:

Becky Swann said...

I'm glad you like facebook I thought you might! I'm glad I get to comment first on here and have you be really excited about it, when your home alot its fun to have internet friends:) but lets hang out for real really soon!

Julie said...

Oh yes, let's do it. Seth always gives me hell about only having internet friends so I am making a point to hang out in person more too. He just loves when I go out with the girls these days! (not really, but he asked for it)

Niki said...

Oh my gosh, I am so glad that potty training is at least 2 years away. I have lots of time to figure out a system that probably won't end up working...

I'm glad the chlorine helped. Another poison ivy fact i didn't know.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i am totally addicted to facebook and get made fun a lot for it, but it is all by people who have facebook pages so that have to know that i am on there that much, b/c so are they! worth makes fun of me a lot too! i am so scared about potty training. i don't know the 1st thing about it. oh boy. that pool looks like so much fun! how much does it cost?

Jill said...

hahaha, I totally understand what your talking about w/ the faceboook thing. I would actually just rather stay with my blog though. I am so envious that you have that great indoor place to take the kids to burn off some steam.

KatieKate said...

Curt gets bugged with 'internet friends' too but I LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE and I can't live without any of you now. I forget that I actually don't 'know' you. Whatever.

I'm nervous to potty train. Ry's not really close yet, but I just bought her a seat so she can 'go' when we go. It's pretty cute. I'm ok with waiting a bit, though.

Unknown said...

I hear what you are saying about facebook.
Annabelle looks like she's a teenager in these pictures. What happend? O the potty. it's always in the forefront of my mind these days.