Monday, July 13, 2009


What is going on with us this month? Well, we have new neighbors and they are very, very cool. Our latest favorite thing to do is to hang out with them in the garage or by a backyard campfire after the kids are settled in bed. Sam, their 18 year old daughter, is an awesome singer songwriter and we take turns playing and singing for everyone. She is incredibly talented and hopes to make a career of music. I have been introducing some folky, mountainy, rootsy type music to her and she loves it. (They are originally from Canada) I tell ya, if talent and drive or ambition have anything to do with it, Sam will be famous one day! She, Holly (her mom) and I went out the other night and played an open mic. It was a great night and we plan on making it a weekly occurrence.

They also have a 12 year old daughter and 5 year old son that my children adore. The boys love to ride bikes and skateboard with Emma and play legos with Ben.























One of my favorite things about summer is all of the free live music around town. We love Shindig on the Green and Park Rhythms.
Bele Chere even sounds good to me this year. I can't wait for this Friday evening to get here because I am going to see my latest favorite local band, The Honeycutters, for the first time. I hope they put on a good show.

As you probably already know, music is so very important for maintaining joyfulness and sanity in me as I raise these kids. I have learned to keep it on in the background of our daily lives (except for some of our school time when I need to focus).

They love it.
I love it.

It changes the mood of a dreary day. How could anyone bear to clean house without it!?!

1 comment:

KatieKate said...

Yay for fun neighbors!!! What a blessing!