Thursday, February 11, 2010

February is a month I have to just endure and push through. It just is not my favorite month. Maybe I am writing this because we all have crummy colds and it is making me a little whiny this morning. Thank goodness for a netty pot and that I am not teaching aerobics today!




We got a Monopoly game on Tuesday and have spent hours playing since then. Caleb is an exceptional player and has bankrupted the entire family in every game so far. It is neat to play it with them and see it from a learning prospective. Their little brains are working hard adding up the dice, making change, giving ten times the dice when landing on a electric company and all of that stuff. Our biggest dilemma is Annabelle. She does OK hanging out with us rolling the dice here and there and delivering money or handing out houses. BUT, as you know, the games tend to be pretty long and her patience wears thin, so she starts living up to one of our favorite nicknames we like to call her, "Sabotagie".



Annabelle has learned how to maneuver the computer mouse and loves playing on the starfall site. It took some time because she is very much left-handed but wouldn't take my suggestions on using that hand rather than the right. I decided it would be good for her to use the right instead so she can be more ambidextrous, though I didn't say a word knowing that would probably make her change her mind. I am hoping it will teach her to read and I will be off the hook on at least one kid! (just kidding y'all, but she really has learned a lot and amazes me with the activities she is blowing through)


2 comments:

Leah said...

In case you are worried, I am a COMPLETE lefty... I can't do anything with my right hand. :) And despite what other may say, I do believe I am a contributing member of society anyway. :)

Becky Swann said...

Did you know that the new monopoly coming out soon doesn't even use paper money but credit cards? weird.
I look forward to game time! Glad you are making the best of these days and this summer we will all go to the pool!!!