Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Just in case you aren't from around here, we have had the coldest, snowiest winter in about 15 years in the mountains of western North Carolina. Our second big snow fell this past weekend. This time was so much better than the last (although I certainly loved staying with my folks) because we had plenty of groceries and ELECTRICITY!








Friday evening was the best because our neighbors came over and we had a big ol' bonfire and did some sledding. We finally burned the Christmas trees which made these huge awesome flames that lit up the snow covered neighborhood. Then we put the kiddos to bed and Sam and I busted out some Wreckers and Ryan Adams covers.
















The next couple of days were full of sledding for the neighborhood kids.









Here are a few random Christmas pictures. I can't think of much to report on aside from telling you how excited Annabelle was this year.....mostly about the decorations. She thought everything was GORGEOUS! Oh yeah, and this was the first official year the boys knew Santa wasn't real. It proved to be a real problem because any time there was any reference to Santa, they both would have to declare out loud how he WAS NOT REAL. In fact, Caleb would randomly blurt it out as I suppose it had just come to his mind. I had a time convincing them not to spoil all of the other kids fantasies.




Lastly, thanks so much for the comments and thoughts on my Annabelle struggles. I thought about all of the suggestions and considered many ideas (my favorite being to dress her in her sleep and tell her a fairy must have come in a put her clothes on. I told her that might happen and she informed me that she hated fairies) We had a rough day yesterday but I feel like in the end I stuck to my guns and she has accepted the fact that she must wear underpants. The day will go down in my parenting history though along with the battle with my 2 year old Adam to stay in his "big boy bed" and the battle with Caleb on ......well, everything.
Also, Aunt Amie gave me a cute pair of boots and she has accepted that she will wear them when we go out.


Alrighty, I have got to go practice the guitar for our church retreat this weekend. It is something I am looking forward to, but will admit I am a little overwhelmed now that I have heard the count is up to 190! Y'all pray for us to lead well so that God would be glorified.

And pray for our house to sell too.

PS Annabelle picked the colors for the blog. She loves purple pink and red!

5 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i missed the annabelle post! I have no advice though. It actually really makes me terrified for what is in my future with having 2 girls! BellaRose has opinions on some t-shirts, but for the most part is pretty ok with what I pick out for her. I just talk about how cute it is or who gave it to her which makes her think it is cool. I am so happy you had a better snow experience this snow storm. That would have been terrible to lose power. I just gave Worth permission to burn our tree so I know that is coming sometime soon, although I have seen little birds living in the tree now b/c of the snow, so I might take it back!

Aunt Amie said...

Well sweet sis! I am so sorry my "fariy" thing didnt work out! Dang you Anna- making your mama work so hard! :) She has a tough enough job w/ your brothers :) and her own sisters and brothers to deal w/! Ha ha! Just kidding! I am glad the boots work! Sitck to your guns. Spank that sweet little tiny bootie of hers! When you need to vent or cry CALL ME! I will cry and vent with you! You are amazing! Just stay tough! That is what we KNOW works! Remember... this too will pass before we know it we will be freaking out b/c Lucie and Annabelle are NOT WHERE they are supposed to be! So as hard as it is! ENJOY this BATTLE! At least she is home in her bed EACH night by 9 pm!!! :) Love you! amie

Adam and Annie said...

The snow and fire looked like so much fun! I can't wait til Noah's older and can play in the snow. Right now, it pretty much keeps us inside. Good job with the underpants! Any day those are on is a success! =) You will do great this weekend at the retreat, I'm sure your playing and singing will be a blessing to those around you and the sweetest sound to God's ears...

Jessie said...

I want to hear your ryan adams covers!

Anonymous said...

Hey it's me Ben Ledingham I just noticed your blogs. If you can get back to me I'd love to see how's it been lately. It's been a while.