Friday, July 9, 2010

If anyone asks what we have been doing this summer, I just say swimming.  A friend called me up a few weeks ago and asked if I would be interested in picking up a couple of classes at another gym in town.  I immediately declined and told her my schedule was full.  She said, "Are you sure, because you would be able to use their outdoor pool?"  to which I  replied without hesitation, "In that case, yes, I can fit something in somewhere."  So, currently I am on the sub list at the Racquet Club and we have been enjoying their newly remodeled pool a few times a week.

The best part of that pool is IT HAS A DIVING BOARD! 




Annabelle is much more comfortable in the pool now than she was at the beach.   She may even be swimming on her own in a month or so!  She loves to go back and forth from the baby pool to the big pool. 


Don't let the goggles fool you!  She wears them for fashion purposes alone because she still won't put her face under water.  We are working on that though.  


I love watching them flip off the diving board and have to jump in myself a few times as well through the afternoon. 



The boys are all about dunking one another.  We have two specific rules:  One dunk at a time and no holding the other under.  They spend HOURS wrestling and dunking in the pool.   It must be a boy thing cause I hate watching it.  I just don't get it. 



______________________________________________
These are a few photos from last Thursday and Friday.  We hung out with friends in the field behind the Pisgah Brewery and then watched the fireworks display after.

My kids love Jen's dog, Abby!  Adam spent the entire evening walking her around the field and playing with her.  I know, I know, we need to get them a dog...... 

Caleb gave Annalee a few piggyback rides.  Lauren (her mother) and I have noticed that she is quite taken with him.   Sure she is a little young to be into boys, but at least she has good taste!

The kids playing on the new stage in the field . 
I can't wait to see some music played there!

Look closely at this picture and you will notice that Caleb and Adam are both wearing handcuffs.  Josh, Annalee's dad, is a police officer and let them get in his car, turn on the lights and siren and then play with the cuffs.  They were impressed. 

No comments: