Monday, August 9, 2010

Can you believe it is August already?

Thanks to generous friends with boats to share, we've made a few trips to Lake James lately.  Talk about fun times!  One Saturday we went with the Rayments and The Kings and all piled into their boat to shuttle across the lake to a little beach where we played and swam all afternoon.  That night we dropped our kiddos off with Moma and Daddy and then went back for a late evening cookout at the Lauren's house and played music.   It was an awesome day!

Annabelle and Annalee snacking in the shade:

Here we are packed in to the boat as we left.  There were 17 people (9 adults, 8 kids) in all! 


On the ride home after our lake day with the Bobilya's, each person told their favorite part of the day (a little tradition we love).  The boys both said tubing and in particularly when Mr. Dana made them "catch some air", Annabelle said swimming and Seth said wake-boarding.  My favorite part was holding baby Lia while she slept......oh my, baby fever! I adore her.

Next time Ami says I HAVE to try water skiing. I have always shied away from it  and let the boys tube more but I think I just might have a go next time.  I talked her out of doing it that day seeing as she just had a baby 6 weeks ago and I was afraid she'd rip her c-section right open!  Next time we are out though, the moms get a turn!  


Annabelle and me watching the boys tube:
(she is nervous when we ride in the boat but relaxes a bit as the day goes on...)
It was a REALLY unusual 72 degrees that day so the water was warmer than the air.





---------------------------------------------
Here are a few pictures from our afternoon at the Watering Hole with Amanda, Jude and Abby.  
Look at these guys!  Does it get any cuter!!!??





4 comments:

KatieKate said...

72° water sounds AH-mazing... so does your whole day!

Woman, you would ROCK waterskiing! Try it next time for sure.

Becky Swann said...

Oh that sounds like such a great time! Fun pictures with fun friends love it!

Adam and Annie said...

My heart always aches a little when I read your blogs, especially the summer ones. I want to have my kids out there too! Maybe we'll be back in the mountains/country once they get a little older. Oh, and good move on talking Ami out of the waterskiing... Next time though...

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i just love your writing and your adventures! looks like a blast. we were at lake james on sunday and it was perfect!