Thursday, September 27, 2007

I used to be an avid scrapbooker. There was a time in my life, just a couple of years back, when I could say that every picture in my house was either in a scrapbook or had been rejected from a scrapbook. I should probably change that to an obsessive or psycho scrapbooker. When the boys were little I would lie in the bed at night dead tired from cleaning, cooking and taking care of them and think to myself, "The house is still messy and I have nothing to show for all my work today." Scrapbooking became that small something that I could say I accomplished. Plus, I really enjoyed it. If I couldn't sleep at night, I would get up and crop. I would sit and journal in them outside while the boys played in yard.

Anyhow, I am over it now. I will still keep up with Annabelle's book for the next year or so and always have a running family album, but as far as Caleb and Adam's books go, I may do a page or two a year.

I am going to blog to supplement the loss. Blogging is so much easier and there is no mess! Plus, everyone can look at the pictures anytime. My favorite part of scrapbooking was showing them to the fam when they were at my house. And the blog won't burn up in a fire. I know that you are probably thinking "it's all gonna burn in the end anyway." ................ but that is not the point.


OK, moving along to happenings at the Harrison house. The coolest thing about living out here in "worst" Asheville is that we get to see hot air balloons flying above our house a couple of times a week. We heard one this morning while we were eating breakfast (you can hear the fire) and ran out to see it. It was so close that we seriously thought it might land in our cul-de-sac. Hot air balloons are huge! Then we could see another one waaaaaay up in the sky towards Mt. Pisgah. The boys wanted to know when we would get to ride in one, and rather than giving them the money excuse, I said we would wait until Annabelle would be old enough to remember it. They were pretty satisfied with that answer.








I will leave you with a couple of videos of Annabelle walking.



2 comments:

Becky Swann said...

She is sooo sweet I desperately need to see her again!

Unknown said...

I couldn't believe it when I saw her walking today at church. Wow, she's so grown up. I can't wait for will to walk.
I love getting to know Caleb, he's a rascal but so much fun to be around. He made Georgio Franzi feel much better about being there today(he's a little shy), I wanted you to know that.