Sunday, October 14, 2007

Last night I spent an hour online reading information on the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Ruebella) vaccination that Annabelle should be getting at her next check-up. What to do, what to do? As you may know, there are plenty of folks out there that claim the vaccination may be linked to Autism and Crohn's disease. Basically half of what I read said that there is no link and the other half said it is a cover-up by the drug companies who make tons of money off vaccinations and such. Most of you probably know that I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist myself and I won't go into all of that in this post.....or maybe I will. Anywho, I am still undecided, but I am leaning toward skipping that shot this visit. I guess what I gathered from my research is that the Thimerisol in the vaccination can be really dangerous if a child gets too much of it or if they are too small. If we plan a visit to Romania, we will get the vaccination right away though. Anyways, it is one of those many situations where I am so glad that I know God and can find my peace with Him. He is in control. You know you can worry yourself to death about the safety of your children and your crappy parenting skills if you cannot rest in Jesus.

I guess it is the same conclusion that I come to when I get all worked up about conspiracy stuff. I won't go into detail as to call to much attention to my blog but I will say that if you ever watch any of those videos, they are very convincing. Do I believe that the government was behind the 9/11 attacks? Not necessarily. I just know that we have no idea what really is going on. And we should all own a gun (safely contained). And if the government ever shows up at you door and want to take you to a "refugee camp" or a "safer place" or whatever, never go. fight to the end.
And now you all know that Julie Harrison is a little crazy. (By the way, Seth buys into even more than me.) I will have to post again about this when we are grading the new lot because I will have been with "Bobcat Bob".



NEW SUBJECT!!! Speaking of lots and grading........we are hoping to start building in Black Mountain soon. We are buying a lot from our friends, Ami and Dana, and will hopefully be their neighbors in the late spring. We took our house of the market (though it is still for sale by owner) and plan on relisting it in April. I am so happy and relieved. I have come to appreciate our yard and neighborhood more these days and know that it will be a good place to spend the winter. Sure I hate the driving, but that is nothing a new van can't cure. We may even get one with a dvd player and I might just let the boys watch something on trips to BM.

2 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Are you moving to Cragmont? you know who that is close too!!!

Anonymous said...

On the way to BM? Oh, Black Mountain! I thought you were really weird for a second . . .