Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Little Girls

I decided that I really needed to post something because my last one was crap. Not that I expect this one to be much better, but it will move the other down the page a bit. Right now Annabelle is asleep, the boys are playing in forts in the big room, we just did some "school" and the house is straightened up so I actually have a rare second to sit here. Actually, I absolutely have a ton of other things that I should be doing but oh well. All that said, here is a bit on what has been going on with the kiddos:

I used to get the question "Have you noticed a big difference in having a girl?" all of the time and I would say, "So far, not much, only that she is much more fun to dress." That is changing more and more and I can't wait for someone to ask me again. I do realize that some of these things probably are the result of Annabelle being a different person from the boys, but I think that they have more to do with her gender. The most striking thing to me is that my ONE YEAR OLD wants to color! WHAT!!??? She can hold a crayon better than the boys did when they were 3 or 4. She also loves books. The boys could have cared less about reading until about last year and they still would never sit around and look at one alone. Caleb just began to enjoy me reading to him. She also pays more attention to clothes. If she finds a shirt on the floor, she immediately tries to put it on. I will look over and laugh so hard because she is walking around with a bathing suit top around her neck. Annabelle is also more excited about Seth than the boys were at this age. She freaks out when he gets home and runs to him. (and I will say she has him wrapped already..... too cute) So there.






My friend Tracy was afraid that her 3 year old boys weren't smart at all because they were so different than her five year old girl. We came to the conclusion that boys just develop at a slower rate than girls in most ways and that Riley (her 5 year old) and Annabelle aren't geniuses after all. On the other hand, our boys could all ride bikes without training wheels at the age of three.

I read somewhere that most all parents think that their toddlers are geniuses and then decide that they are closer to average by the time they are five. hhhmmmm.

1 comment:

Rick said...

yea well girls may be smarter...but boys are still cooler