Monday, November 12, 2007

Ahhh, it's Monday. Monday has a different meaning for us here in the Harrison house. It is actually our laid-back day because we have nothing scheduled outside the house. We are usually tired from our weekend, (yes, tired from Sunday....church really tires little ones out) so we just hang out here at the house and get a bit of schoolwork done. I like Mondays, though Fridays are my favorite because I teach step class at Cheshire.

If you haven't heard the news already, we bought a van! Actually my dad bought it sort of first. During the Widespread craziness last Wednesday, my phone kept on ringing. and ringing. and ringing. After the show I listened to my messages and there was ol' Grandaddy saying, "Julie, I bought a van tonight on ebay. If you don't want it, I will take it for myself." (He was serious. My father loves minivans!) A few days later, Seth and I drove down to Wake Forest, NC and picked up our a sweet '02 Toyota Sienna. I love it! It is definitely the nicest car I have ever owned. (I don't consider myself as an owner of Seth's truck) I have always had something against driving a nice car for myself personally. It made me nervous and I was afraid I would run into the garage opening. (I have been known to do that a time or two.........I just have a hard time judging that stuff)

Let me tell you, minivans are great! I can open my sliding doors with my keys and that is about as convenient as it gets. The other day, while I was grocery shopping, I felt guilty about having asked the bag boy to help me out with the groceries. Usually I feel like if anyone needs help out, it is me. However, it is so easy to load my children now that I actually had a chance to help load them into my trunk.....or back.......whatever you call that on a van. OK, I think that I have gone on just about enough about the van. I think will go take a picture of it to post.

No comments: