Saturday, November 24, 2007

Annabelle has weaned herself.


As my sweet mother would say, "It is the end of an era for you, Julie." No more babies, no more nursing. Alas, I am quite sad.

Adam nursed until he was 22 months. Caleb quit after a year but I figured it was mostly because I was almost six months pregnant at the time. I thought Annabelle would at least make it to 18 months.....you know to get through the cold and flu season. Nope, she has better things to do. Plus, she was only nursing at night for the last month or so. Maybe she will sleep through the night now. Truthfully I have always been a doubter of those who say that their babies "weaned themselves" at 10 months, but now I can believe it. (so judgmental I am)

So 13 1/2 months was it for little Annie.

Thanks giving was odd this year for us. The boys all went down to Acworth, GA for Thanksgiving and then left for the hunting land immediately after the meal. Annabelle and I stayed here since I have sworn off Bear Creek until she is older. Mimi made Thanksgiving breakfast for Grandaddy, Uncle Jonathan, and us. Then we decided to go to Walmart later in the day when we realised how uncrowded it would be compared to the rest of the season. It was a lovely time to be in Walmart except the cashier was a little nasty to us. (don't blame her though, she was working on Thanksgiving..........been there many years myself) You know, now that I think of it, we don't ever really celebrate Thanksgiving the same each year. I worked every holiday before kids, then most years were in GA, and two years ago we were in Barbados. This year we were a part.






I did get a lot done while the guys were gone. My mom and dad love that show "Flip This House". (I would love it too if we had cable.......Angie, could you please tivo it and I will watch it next time we are down?) Anyways, they have learned a little about selling houses and so we decided that my powder room needed some help. Kitchens and bathrooms sell houses. I got a new mirror and stenciled a pattern on the walls. It looks fantastic. It may be hard to leave this house after all. Nope, it won't.

Are you bored now? Bathrooms, stencils, kitchens, blah, blah blah.






Yea for Christmas time!!! I love it!


Merry Christmas!

No comments: