Monday, November 19, 2007

The Party and Being Thankful

I highly recommend to anyone planning a birthday party in the future to have it at the WEGA gym. We had a blast there for Lanie and Lucie's 2nd and 4th birthday party Saturday. The gym has trampolines, swinging ropes, bars, balance beams, a climbing wall, a foam pit, and all of the floors are "springy". It was great! You know everyone is having fun when you decide to skip opening presents so that we can play more. I can't wait until my kids have birthdays so we can go back. Here are a few pictures and videos of the fun:



Actually I am going to let Amie post the pictures on her blog. Here are two videos. I couldn't get the others to load. I think that they were too long or something.







To close I have made a list of a few things that I am particularly thankful for. Annie did this in her blog a couple of days ago. Since then I have been sort of mentally making my list and it is amazing the way my heart is changed when I just think about what I am thankful for.


5 Things I am thankful for:

1. I will just say ditto to all of Annie's: God's love, forgiveness, family and friends, and health. She said it so well that I don't want to try to reword it.
2. That God's timing is not my own. None of my children were planned by Seth or me.......especially Adam. However, I am so thankful that my boys have one another and, of course, for my sweet Annabelle.
3. I am thankful that my parents and Seth's parents support our decision to homeschool.......and trust me to do it.
4. I am very thankful that our spec house sold and for all of the sweet prayers of our friends and families for us during that time of life.
5. All of the little things: hand-me-down clothes, bikes and cul-de-sacs to ride them in, aerobics classes, my van, music, a big yard, holidays that make the winter less dreary, funny shows on television, sweet neighbors, and on and on and on. Oh yes, Caleb and Adam said that they are thankful that they are going to Bear Creek in 2 days!

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22 and 23

1 comment:

Heidi and Richard King said...

Oh my goodness. That looks like so much fun. I can't wait to go! What a great place for kids to be kids...and adults to be kids. Looks like all the birthdays have been a hit. Great reminder about giving thanks too...Happy Thanksgiving!