Saturday, December 8, 2007

Let the countdown begin
.........not to Christmas, but to the arrival of




















Aunt Leslie, home for the holidays! 7 days and counting. Leslie is a travel nurse in San Diego, CA (for anyone wondering) and she hasn't been home in months and she just happens to be one of my most FAVORITE people on this planet. She is also bringing her boyfriend, Paul. I am praying that he likes us and isn't overwhelmed by the Bartlett Family. The other potential mates (Justin and Beth) might be a little overwhelmed already.

This is how I see it: Paul has met Leslie, Jonathan and me so far, and we are the weirdest of the bunch. He should be OK. By the way, my dad doesn't always dress like a cowboy. We were having a going away party for Leslie and I decided it should be a western theme. He is holding a real pistol though. Should we dress like that to meet Paul?


Jonathan and I decided to dress up as hillbillies the last time we picked up Les from the airport. We had a really great plan but never followed through because her flight got in around 11:00 pm and I didn't want to go that late.
Oooooh, maybe we will dress like that to pick up Paul. We were going to wear overalls and a coonskin hat and such. We could make a wooden sign with the words:

WELKUM HOM
LESLIE and PAWL!
painted on it.

You know, because people from the West coast think that we are rednecks who marry their cousins and stuff.

2 comments:

Amie Pittman said...

Hey! Love your blog chicky! Just jealous I cant keep mine as up to date!!!!! I love reading it!! Your sweet babies are growing up- before we know it we will be picking Caleb and HIS girlfriend up at the airport!! Yes, Paul is in for a treat- but I am sure it will go great!! I cant wait as well! I love the jabbering video- that is one of my favorite little shirts that she has on- I remember Lanie in it the most-

See you at church tomorrow!!! Miss you sis! My legs are sore from class you crazy woman and my biceps b/c you kept on talking and not counting! I loved the weights BUT you FORGOT TRICEPS!!! Next time!!!

Rick said...

I thought you and seth WERE cousins.