Monday, December 17, 2007

Wow. Hard weekend.

I thought that I would break my "only upbeat" posts rule and write this all down. This way when I try to look back at this time of life and think, "oh those were the best days ever!", I will also remember the horrible, horrible times when Caleb was sick. Lets just start by saying that he is such a hard child and always has been. However, he gets about 10 times worse when he is sick. The kid has overactive taste buds or something and is the worst about taking medicine. Add to that the fact that he is just generally pissed off anytime that he is feeling badly.

He started running a mild fever Friday night. So the Motrin battle began. Imagine having to actually spank your child (who has a fever) so that he will gag his medicine down. Oh yes, and he has always thrown up if his fever gets too high. There is no other way to do it. Nerve-racking, I tell ya. He seemed a bit better Saturday but then worse on Sunday.

So I took him to the doctor early this morning.

Ammoxicillan prescription. I asked if we could just get one horrible shot instead. nope. won't work.


We opt for the chewable tablets. This fight is MUCH worse than the Motrin. It takes about an hour to get two tablets down. I end up smashing it up and mixing it with water.
I am tired. In the meantime, Annabelle somehow snatched Caleb's cup and takes a nice long, infected sip.


Well, I have called the doctor and asked for a new prescription of liquid medicine. Seth is going to help when he gets home.




And on top of it all........

Leslie is home but I can't hang out.



Do you like my slideshow below? Sometimes the pictures seem stuck but isn't the music great? I have used most of those pictures in previous posts, but I didn't have any new ones, and wanted to make the slideshow anyways.


Sorry about the rant. Y'all pray for Caleb. Please.

off to clean house.

2 comments:

Becky Swann said...

I'm so sorry, i was always the difficult sick child in my family and I fear it is about to come back to haunt me...praying for Caleb!! and you!

Heidi and Richard King said...

That is hard...we are dealing with a drawn out ill season in our lives right now. Not me, just the kids, but as soon as one gets better the other gets worse and the cycle goes on. It is horrible not being able to go out and get some fresh air and see some fresh faces, but I am hoping we will all be great by Christmas. I will pray for you all...maybe a straw would help bypass his tastebuds...who knows that is one battle we have not had.