Thursday, January 3, 2008

last thoughts on Christmas

I was just looking back at my Christmas posts and realized that I basically just put up pictures and said very little. And then I thought about how i forget unless I write it down. So here are a few thoughts from our 2006 Christmas.

This was the first Christmas that Seth and I didn't have to stay up very late putting something together like years before. Thanks to Bear Creek weekends and no huge presents (like the train table), I was able to have everything wrapped and in the attic weeks before. It was so nice to actually get in the bed before midnight on Christmas Eve, because we are always so worn out from the trip to Georgia. It is amazing how much better sleep I get in my own bed. That and the fact that Annabelle (and the boys too) are in the room with me down there. The boys start out in palettes in the living area, but take any opportunity to get in our room to sleep.

So, we got a good night's rest before the festivities of the day.
The boys woke up around 7:00 (as usual) and we all went down for the presents. The opening process was nice and slow because each gift had to be removed from the box (a lengthy process in itself) and played with a little before they moved on. I was so glad they didn't rip into everything and toss it to the side for what was next. I got Caleb and Adam each the same presents: red Power Ranger dirt bike for Caleb--blue for Adam....2 leapsters with a different game each.....an army jet for Caleb and helicopter for Adam........a chocolate lab Webkin for Adam and a husky for Caleb.... They always play together so they need the same stuff. I think we are going to try to even double up on the birthday party this year for that reason among others. I was a tiny bit worried that they might be unhappy with the Leapsters because they both want a Nintendo DS so badly. Leapsters are cheaper and supposedly more of a learning thing so we compromised on that for them. They were so happy with them!!!!

Annabelle was equally (actually more-so) cute as the guys and did so well opening her stroller and books. It really was a fantastic morning!

I also forgot to tell a few things from our Bartlett Gathering. I was so glad that Justin braved the festivities this year. We try each year to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is really hard with 6 kids under 6 years. My absolute favorite part of the evening was ......you may not believe this......but...... it was when Kiah RECITED the Christmas story from Luke! It was precious and I got a video with my camera but it is too long to post. (I tried 3 times!!) Growing up, Daddy always read the Christmas story to us before presents but now I guess Kiah has replaced him. She has the most amazing memory. What a gift.

Another big surprise of the evening was our present from Mimi and Grandaddy: DOLLYWOOD SEASON PASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amie and I cried. We are so excited! Thanks Mimi and Grandaddy!

Caleb and Adam got these little Diego rescue animals with carriers and have played endlessly with them. They play "dogs" all of the time. It is cute.

So there is a little more on Christmas.

The next day, we went over to say goodbye to Leslie and eat Jesus's birthday cake. (we never have room for it on Christmas day)

I miss Leslie so much already.......and Paul.........and his warm........I mean slow roast hugs.


It wouldn't be a proper post without pictures:

the cake:

Bye Aunt Leslie!
the guys got these shirts in their stockings in Georgia: Daddy's team-Georgia Tech, Aunt Nicole, Uncle Heath, Uncle Johnny, and Walker's team-UGA




No comments: