Sunday, January 6, 2008

Snow and Cousins

The kids were so excited to wake up to a little snow on Wednesday. It wasn't much, but it was enough to sled, and it was cold enough that it didn't melt right away. Caleb stayed outside the entire day. Adam got cold and had to come in ever so often. I love that they are old enough to go out on their own now. I'll just stay inside with Annabelle and make everyone hot chocolate when they come in. If we get a big snow, I might try to take her out and join everyone.......we will see. I hope so much that we get a big snow sometime this winter.


Annabelle watching out the window.






















Caleb and our neighbor, Gentry


































Lanie and Lucie spent the day with us on Friday. It was truly delightful having them here. They are so well-behaved and sweet. My favorite line from the day was when Lanie came downstairs to inform me that the boys had taken the mattress off the bed in the "big room" and were jumping on it. I then told her that actually they were allowed to jump on that bed. She was thrilled and ran off to join them.

Yep. Jumping on the bed is a favorite pastime in our house. If you have boys (rowdy ones), you might understand the need for this. Anyways, the girls enjoyed playing with Annabelle's toys and jumping on the bed. Here is a little video of them. Lanie needs a bit of practice.

1 comment:

Becky Swann said...

I just got caught up on your blog! you have the cutest family! I loved seeing you guys on sunday wish I could have talked to you longer, I was a bit out of it for someone that was supposed to be leading music :) oh well! hope to see you soon!