Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Fun Depot and Resolutions


Dad called me up on Monday night and said he was watching Lanie and Lucie for Chuck after work, and did we want to go to Fun Depot with them? Well, OF COURSE we did! So we took all six grandkids there for a grand evening of fun. They were all about to burst with excitement the entire night. We played games and played in the soft area playground for almost 3 hours solid. One of the highlights of the evening was when Uncle Jonathan hit the jackpot on some game and won over a hundred tickets. After that, some guys there gave us about 200 more so the kids got to pick out all kinds of crappy prizes. They were delighted with their crowns, harmonicas, sweat bands and candy. That place is something else!

A few more thoughts on Fun Depot:
If you have ever been into that place, you most likely noticed the HUGE plaque with the ten commandments on the front wall and the verses at each putt putt hole. I thought a lot about those that night. At first glance, I will admit that they really bugged me. I just thought to myself, "Do they really think they are witnessing to their customers? And what would a non-Christian think of those?" I think that most most would be offended and "bugged" by it. And then, what if one of their employees was a total jerk and they were suppose to be representing the Christian Fun Depot?

However, I am a Christian.......it should NOT offend me personally AT ALL. Right? yes.

So, here are is my conclusion:
I am the one with a "heart issue" on this. I should not role my eyes at the ten commandments...... ever. Do I think that any non-Christian has been convicted and witnessed to by Fun Depot? Probably not, but maybe it would help the employees remember to be nice to others and live accordingly. I know that I need all of the reminders of Truth possible around me.

I will admit that I am still a bit torn on this issue, especially because we live in Asheville where folks are pretty hostile to God and all.

I have always wondered about that "Lord's Gym" near the Biltmore Square Mall. A Christian gym huh?




















































Completely unrelated to all of that, I thought that I would post a few of my new year's resolutions for all to see. My mom is all about goals and says it is important to write them down. Something like, if you write your goals down, you have a 80% chance of achieving them. It could be a higher percentage than that. maybe 90%. Anyways, so I decided that it would increase my chances of achieving these goals if I not only write them down, but I post them for my family and friends to see as well. I also decided to make lots of them and make them pretty specific goals so that I would have a better chance in keeping at least a few of them. You know, raise the odds or something.

So here they are: (in no particular order)
  • Make my kids help out around the house more. If they made the mess, they clean it up.
  • Write all of my aerobics combos down and make a file or something. I can't tell you how many I have made up and forgotten forever.
  • Finish Annabelle's baby scrapbook.....it is such a shame that I overdid the boys' books and they will probably never really care about them. I have got to get on my girl's book.
  • Once a week I want to do a bunch of cooking and food prep that I can keep in the freezer.
  • Therefore, make dinner more often.
  • Be less boring when it comes to my hair......not like a haircut or color or something......just maybe wear a hair band or something once in a while. crazy huh?
  • Learn more Bob Dylan covers on the guitar. He is awesome.
  • Call some friends that I have meaning to get in touch with.
  • Start this Homeschool Biology class with Caleb and Adam after step class on Fridays.
  • Work on my kickboxing class format.....make up some new stuff and practice. ( I just started a new class at Cheshire on Mondays at 4:30)
  • Quit procrastinating
  • Get organized......

I say get organized every year, and attempt it, but fail. I am one scattered gal.

Hhhhhmmm, I thought I had more on my mental list. I will have to add some more later if I think of them.

Anywho, happy New Year everyone! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie! Thanks for commenting on my blog, I really do appreciate it. I used to live in Asheville, over on the west side, and Cullowhee and north of Ashevilel near Burnsville. I miss the mountians so much I can't believe it sometimes. I will check your blog regularly now that you've dropped me a line. Have a good day.