Saturday, January 12, 2008

I used to love that show on VH1 called the Best Week Ever, but I haven't seen it in a few years because we haven't had cable.

Well, guess what, we got cable last week. Seth decided that he needed to watch the Georgia Tech football games at home so he got us 100 channels. Aaaaaahhhh, TV! (that is a love/hate aahh!) I still haven't seen the Best Week Ever (is it still on?) but I wanted to say that if I was on that show, I would declare that the dude who made Webkinz as having the best week ever. ( and has been for the last month or two) What an incredible idea! I had no idea what these things were until Christmas. Basically, for anyone who may not know, they are these little stuffed animals that come with a code you enter into the website and create a little "world" for the dog or cat or frog or whatever. You can name them, design their rooms, take them to the doctor, feed them, play games and on and on and on..... The boys now have two dogs a piece and are in love with them.

Friday was a crazy day because I decided to take all three of my kids in for their yearly check-up together. I knew it would be hard, but I just figured I might as well go for it and get it over with. Everything was going pretty well until the doctor informed us that Caleb needed 2 shots and Adam would need one. WHAT???!!!!! I know for a fact that they told us at their four year old appointments, we were done with shots until they were 13. However, now they have added two more. If I had been thinking clearly, I would have told them no thanks, but I didn't. I ended up literally chasing Caleb down the hall and man-handling him onto the table where three of us held him down. It was horrible, but I swear I was in some sort of retarded daze through it. Then, surprisingly, Adam hopped up on the table, took his shot and didn't even cry. Those two guys have different pain receptors or something. After all of that, Annabelle got 4 shots and yes, one of them was the MMR one. I told them that I wanted to at least wait on that particular one, but she convinced me to go with it. I can be such a weak push-over. The nurse assured me that their were no preservatives in the shots. Hhhhmmm, sounds fishy to me. ANYWAYS, it is over and done and I have vowed to reject any shots for the boys until they are 13. (We'll see how that works out for me....) I figure in another year I won't be able to catch Caleb anyways.

SOoooooo, to make a long story longer, we went and found some freakin' Webkinz for them after that experience. If those doctors didn't already make a killing for a living, they would be smart and open up a gift shop in the waiting area. I would pretty much buy my kids anything after a horrible doctor's appointment including shots.

The day turned a corner for the good later because it was music night at Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Larry's house. Emily, our sweet, sweet neighbor came over and babysat Annabelle and the boys came along with me. It was a particularly fun evening because a few newcomers came over to hang out. I am pretty tired today but it was worth it.

Lastly, yea for January!
I am one of the only people on earth who actually enjoys January because everyone comes back to the gym and my classes are packed. I realize that it is entirely corny to teach aerobics but, I just love it.......and I have to work out or I will go crazy.......no wait, I may already be there..............








4 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Best week ever is still on, in fact they just did best year ever and might still be re-running it, now way VH1 re-run things.
Got your message when we got back from dinner thank you for the invite, maybe I will see you tomorrow...:)
I like your honesty as a mom it makes me laugh, I really prefer it to sugar coating everything. I find I'm not very good at sugar coating anything.

Rick said...

girl...you passed crazy a long time ago

Anonymous said...

While you may struggle to catch Caleb in a few years, at least the government will be able to easily locate him for you with the aid of the microchip that they injected into him at this visit to the doctor!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really thought that picture of Annabelle leaning outta the tub was Caleb! Wait, that is Annabelle, isn't it?