Monday, February 25, 2008

We are FINALLY well! It really seems like we were out of commission for longer than two weeks, but that was about it. Seth got sick 2 weeks ago yesterday and we all followed a few days after one another. Spring is on the way and I will be so happy to get out of this house and into some fresh air. We got a bit stir crazy during our quarantined time, so we were delighted to meet Jonathan, Beth, Moma, Daddy, Lorie, and Kiah out at the Fiddlin' Pigs Barbeque place on Saturday evening. That place is something else! They have a bluegrass band with square dances and cloggers on the weekends. I just love cloggers! They are so cute. I wish the boys would learn but I don't see that happening......EVER. Unlike their mother, Caleb and Adam have NO desire to perform (maybe if it was some sort of dirtbike stunt) They had a good time watching Kiah, Annabelle, and me dance from the sidelines. I didn't take my camera or I would post pictures. I have got to be more prepared!

The other night Jonathan told me about these adopted triplets on his baseball team at North Greenville and how he wished so badly that Mom and Dad had been the ones to adopt them. I agreed with him and lamented over the fact that I only had one brother for a while that night. This has lead me to ponder the idea of siblings for the last couple of days. More specifically, I have been thinking about how much I love siblings. I wish I had some more. I wish I had a couple more older brothers and a couple of younger ones too.....and some more sisters......Sisters are wonderful. But mainly I just wish for more brothers. Instead of all of this idle talk, I would like to formally thank my mother (and dad too) for having lots of kids so I could have my siblings.

However, this makes me feel so disappointed in myself for only having three kids. I always wanted 4 or 5, but it is just so much harder than I had imagined. Also, and more importantly, I am tired of being pregnant. I am tired of having c-sections. (though the doctor gave me the go-ahead for more) So, maybe we will adopt in a few years, but that always seems like it would be expensive.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I understand what you are saying at times I wish I would not have gotten my tubes tied. I have thought about the adoption thing too. It is really expensive and you would think it would be less expensive so people could actually help others out. Glad you guys are better. call me sometime.

Rick said...

You do have at least one older brother. True...he's kinda far away at the moment, but he'll be back soon. And the guitar lessons will continue.

Anonymous said...

I am so freaked out by this post. I love my siblings, but I think we definetly have plenty! And I am totally satisfied having only one kiddo. I always think we are so similar, but we are so different on this one.
Lorie