Thursday, February 14, 2008

Well, folks, we are celebrating Valentines Day this year with a crappy case of the flu in the Harrison abode. Yep, the boys have a virus that should "make them feel really bad for 3-5 days, but they won't be back to normal for at least 10 days, if not 2 weeks". That was the diagnosis from the doctor yesterday. I am trying to stay positive and look at the brighter side of this: I did get a lot of cleaning done yesterday since the boys stayed on the couch bed the entire day. We also got a ton of Botany done. I had the boys cornered so we read our chapter and discussed pollination. I have never enjoyed science too much, but I actually found this interesting....... Those are the only good things I can come up with right off hand. Of course there is that Annabelle and I seem to be fine thus far and hopefully won't catch this. If she doesn't get it, she will prove to have one of the higher immune systems of anyone I know. On a few occasions I have made a mad dash across the living room to snatch the boys' cups from her. Also as I was brushing my teeth yesterday, I looked down to see that she somehow got a hold of Seth's toothbrush and was doing the same with it, and Saturday morning (right before Seth realized he might have a fever) he said she was all but making out with him as they wrestled around in the bed.

By the way, this all started while I was at the womens retreat. (which was wonderful- the message definitely hit home and I had a great time with everyone there and...especially my dear Moma-I got to have her all to myself that night) Meanwhile, Seth spent Saturday morning crawling from the bed to the bathroom to puke until I arrived around 2:00. While I was praying that they would have a peaceful morning at home, Annabelle was banging the lid of the toilet on Seth's head as he vomited his guts out. The boys kinda took care of themselves along with some help from our neighbor, Taylor. I think God did answer my prayer because at least no one got hurt (aside from Seth's head).




Was that what we could call TMI (in the words of Micheal Scott) "too much information" ?


Wow, this post has taken too much time because I wanted to make a video link of Micheal moments. There were some really good ones. Wow, funny stuff. If you need a good laugh, click on my links......the second one is the best......if you have that type of humor.........if don't like the office, don't bother watching.....there you go guys TMI. last one


Lastly, I will leave you with pictures from Kiah's sixth birthday party on Sunday. Lorie told me that she hates when I post without pictures. I won't take that as she is bored with what I have written, but instead as a compliment to my lovely pictures. So here they are: It was cowgirl themed.



The kids played in the tent from Mimi and Granddaddy.



Kiah was very appreciative of her gifts. She loved her ring from Aunt Carolyn.


Annabelle showed the others her favorite seat in a timber frame home.



No comments: