Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Rainy Day

I can't sleep so I thought I would blog.



My boys like it when they look outside and see rain, because they know if it is warm enough, I will probably let them ride their bikes and play in it. I figured this was a safe activity after the spankings they got for wallering in the mud the last time, so I made it clear not to let that happen again and sent them out today. They were delighted to see Seth pull in the driveway, home early from work, because they knew he would be right there with them in it all. Then the Harrison boys began a mission of collecting worms that surfaced during the downpour. They collected them in their buckets and reported to me later that they had found about a thousand. Annabelle realised they were out there and made it clear to me that she wanted to go out too. I made her a makeshift poncho to go over her coat and sent her out to Seth. She had as much fun as the guys. I have a feeling that Annabelle is never going to be afraid to get down and dirty!




This a pretty pathetic video, but oh well. You can get the idea.





Completely unrelated to that, this is a picture Lorie sent me that Justin took of Annabelle at Christmas. I am not very good at photography so I rely on the skills and sweet cameras of others to capture pictures of my kiddos. She is in the wagon behind granddaddy's tractor in this one.

6 comments:

Rick said...

I love kids who love the mud!

Julie said...

They sure do and ended up a little muddy yesterday.....at least they didn't roll in it this time.

Becky Swann said...

That is a super cute picture of Annabelle, I love that you let them all play in the rain, a thousand worms!!! that must have taken all day :)

Becky Swann said...

I also like that you made all the pictures of your kids on the blog ones with their mouths wide open! I love it!

Tracy said...

I wanted to say about the girl on crack thing.. At this gym I go to all the teachers act that same way! I love it there is a new girl and she is not like that and I don't even like to work out when she is teaching so keep up the crack thing! The pic of annabelle is so sweet I just love her. I also love the boys too but you know I am much more into sweet little girls.

Anonymous said...

I hope they kept all of those worms so we can go fishing! I am so glad that you let them play in the rain, no kid should miss out on that.
Lorie