Monday, March 3, 2008

A nice weekend


Annabelle refuses to have a picture taken now. Like I said in my last post, she sees the camera and immediately runs to me to look at the back of it. It is pretty frustrating to have this cute baby doing all of these cute things all day and not being able to capture it for all to see on the blog. I have tried a few things to help the situation but to no avail so far. This too shall pass, though, and I will have some stuff for you to watch in no time. Here are a few pictures that I snuck before she realised the camera was out.




Notice how the pigtails are longer now.
















In homeschooling news, the light box plants are coming along quite nicely. However, I will need to give credit where it is due and say that Seth has been taking care of them more than me. He has always been into gardening (let's call it horticulture) and, in fact, had a garden voluntarily as a child. I told him that he should be in charge of science in our "school". I taught the Botany class on Friday and it went fairly well. I was a little nervous before class, but as soon as I got started, I thought, "why would I be nervous about teaching.....I have been teaching aerobics for 8 years now." It is definitely the easiest teaching scenario possible for kids of that age considering almost all of the moms are in there to assist with the lesson. We have about twelve kids and 5 or 6 moms in the class, yet sometimes it still feels a little chaotic to me! The boys are digging it though.


This weekend was just wonderful! Friday night my sweet Daddy watched the kids for me while Seth and I went to our music gathering. Then I spent the night with the kids and Daddy. Saturday morning was just about a perfect day for the boys. Granddaddy began the day by taking them to Ingles for some fresh donuts as breakfast. What a treat! Then he took them loafing around town; they went to Pawpaw and Granny's house first where Pawpaw was using his wood splitter. Dad said that they were extremely impressed with the machine and decided that Seth definitely needed one as soon as possible. Then they went to see the house Seth and Dana have been working on. After that they dropped by McDonald's for Happy Meals (what a healthy day!) and then stopped by the DIRT BIKE SHOP in Swannanoa to browse through the four wheelers, scooters and mini dirtbikes. Ahhh, heaven to a 5 or 6 year old little boy!

The first thing Caleb had said to Granddaddy that morning was, "Are we going to do some yard work today?" The kid loves working outside. And I mean truly WORKING.....not just playing around while the adults work. He will stack wood and gather sticks or spread mulch for hours. So they went on home and spent the rest of the afternoon picking up sticks to load into the trailer of the tractor and then taking turns sitting in Grandaddy's lap to drive it to the side yard to be dumped.

During all of this, I went to Becky's shower while Annabelle hung out at our house with Seth. Basically, I had the day off. It was so nice.

We enjoyed the weather yesterday and spent the day in the yard doing some stuff. Then a neighbor gave the boys a ton of Rescue Hero toys that their grandson had outgrown. They spent the evening playing quietly (a serious rarity) in the big room with them.


All cleaned up after a bath on Saturday night.
Caleb and Annabelle were making faces at one another.


This morning I came to a new conclusion about myself....a bit of self-realization I suppose. I was teaching water aerobics when one of the participants asked me if I had ADHD as a child. I thought about this for a moment because it is a type of question or observation I get often at the gym. (one time I was standing behind this girl in the childcare and heard her tell the workers that she was going to take the class from the "instructor who acts like she's on coke"....I took it as a compliment and she laughed when she turned around and saw me there) Anyways, I told the person who said that in my class this morning that, no, I wasn't a hyper child and, in fact, I am not all that energetic outside of teaching classes. I just really like being up in front of people (performing, you could say) and I get very excited and energetic when I get to do it. Plus, I think of the most important things an aerobics instructor does in class is to motivate others to get a good workout. So there is my analyzation (however that is spelled) of my energy in class; I am just very excited to be up there leading everyone.

I do believe that working out like that all through my pregnancies made my children psycho energetic though.

Plus I drink a lot of coffee before I head to the gym.


I am SO glad it is March!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is weird that people in your classes think that about you. I never think of you as hyper. I certainly never think of you as lazy, but never hyper. Granted I haven't seen you in an aerobics class . . .
Lorie

Anonymous said...

P.S. I am in love with Annabelle's pigtails and I am so thankful for a few warmer days, too.
Lorie