Tuesday, May 13, 2008

On Turning 30.......

So, I had my 30th birthday a couple of weeks ago. I think that turning 29 was harder because I spent the entire year dreading the arrival of May 2nd, so that when it finally rolled around I was over it, and I already thought of myself as thirty anyhow. It was a great excuse to have a cool birthday party, which I did. We had some friends over for our weekly family music gathering at Aunt Carolyn's and Uncle Larry's house and called it a birthday party. Seth spent the week after work making 2 very sweet fire pits for us to enjoy and getting things ready for it all. (what a guy!) I was surprised by a few out-of-town friends coming so that was super cool. My sisters got me the coolest necklace made by my friend Kelly and she gave me matching earrings. It was one of my favorite gifts ever (closely following my sweet guitar Dad bought me a few years ago). Anyways, I realised that I like my birthday no matter what year it is and I am going to make the best of it. Yep, bring on 31 cause I am ready now......






Then there was a really great Mother's Day following. Seth's parents came in to town for the weekend which means big time break for me. They come into town completely dedicated to the idea of taking our children off my hands as much as possible. It was so nice to run errands alone and go teach class all by my lonesome. They took the them to the movies during Annabelle's nap on Saturday and then took all three loafing that evening while Seth and I went out. When I got home from church Sunday, Reba had straightened the entire house once again. What a great feeling to come home to that! Of course the kids had a ball and Annabelle got her fill of the dog, Max. It was a great Mother's Day, and guess what my sweet kids (aka hubby) gave me...... One full day to do whatever I want and some spending money! Heck yeah, he knows how to make Moma happy these days.

Love those kids to death, but I really do not get many breaks from them these days!

Oh yes, we planted some of our garden this past week too. The boys helped till the space while Annabelle and I transfered our herbs out side. I can't wait for all of the yummy veggies!


I will leave you with a few pictures from tonight's bath time.





6 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

your kids are so cute! Annie and Adam said they had a blast at your party. Annie kept bragging about how beautiful you are and how amazing your voice is!

Anonymous said...

I love those photos from the tub- the one of all 3 is amazing- frame it for SURE!!!! Love you sis- no more bday parties w/ out me especially when you KNOW i will be gone stinky!! Love ya- A

Rick said...

JULES! You look so freaking buff playing your guitar. I'm starting to get scared about this whole race thing...ok, not really. You're so getting stomped.

KatieKate said...

a family music gathering... mmmm. Jealous Jealous Jealous.

Glad you had a lovely birthday...
and glad my psycho day may you smile :) Thanks for poppin' in!

The Sooz said...

O! The days of bubble beards.

Leigh said...

Or, don't be 30, it is really just your second 29th birthday!!