Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Benefit Show



I am just dying to post about our benefit Show on Thursday night. Let me just start by saying that it really was the most FUN night of my life. I thought that statement through and I came to the conclusion that it may have not been "the best night of my life" (in Caleb's words), but it truely was the most fun one. (Lorie just informed me that "funnest" is not a word) I got to live out my dream of being a rock star. I mean a old time music star. It was just great! We had a really good turn out and raised quite a bit of money for Dave. I am pretty sure that everyone had fun. (probably not as much as me though!)

Due to the fear of rain, we ended up setting up in the basement of the Monte Vista which is their little bar called The Monte. I was a little disappointed in this at first but then decided that I actually liked it better because it felt more authentic or something as I lived out my musical dream. I got my guitar (actually it is Leslie's) pimped out so that it could plug in. (dad funded that) AND, we had a whole sound system complete with an actual "sound guy". I got a kick out of telling him I needed a little more voice in my monitor, though I forgot to say something like that during the show to seem once again, authentic.




















Now all I can think about is how can we do this again?







BTW, more photos and thoughts to come.....................

6 comments:

Becky Swann said...

I'm so glad that you got to do this, I know exactly what you mean about it being so fun! I have been there and I totally agree I'm so glad you did it! You sounded great and looked awesome up there! so glad we got to see it!

Jessie said...

robbie relayed that ya'll sounded great. i hate that i missed it. we hope we get to hear you guys play and sing again soon.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

so happy the concert went well. we have heard about the man and his poor hand and feel so bad for him. we were at the beach and could not make it.
I went back a couple of post ago and saw you went down to old fort to see the civil war thing, my neighbor does that probably was there! that is so wild you went. he is way into it and it is pretty interesting what he tells us about them!

Adam and Annie said...

It looks like it was so fun! Glad you had a good turn out. Knew you'd be great...you ARE a rock star!

Penn Dameron said...

Jukie and Seth,

I just received the note you sent me after the concert. It took a while to find me because you had a very old (two times outdated) address. The new one is Blue Ridge National Heritage Area, 195 Hemphill Knob Road, Asheville, NC 28803. I had a load of fun playing with the big band, and you guys sounded great and put on an excellent show. I look forward to doing it again sometime. Nice blog, too.

Penn

Penn

Emily said...

the other day I let my mo lisen to you on you on your videos and she thought oyu were amasing~!
Emily -Kelly pettit