Wednesday, June 18, 2008

CAMP CHEROKEE

I don't think that I have even mentioned the fact that Caleb and Adam spent the entire week down in Georgia with the Harrison side of the family last week. Angie called me about a month ago and asked if I wanted the kids to come down and go to day camp at Camp Cherokee with her kids. After thinking about it for about 30 seconds, I said, "of course I want them to do that." Cause let's face it, I need a break every once in a while from those guys! Then it got even better because Angie said we could bring them down one weekend and then come back to pick them up the next. (I am pretty sure she didn't want me down there distracting her as she got some things done herself during the week) So we took her up on it and Seth drove them down last Sunday. Everything was going pretty well until Tuesday when Angie called with news that Adam had to come home early after barfing beside the pool and was running a fever. He was so pitiful on the phone that night with me and I felt awful for not being there. Angie took good care of him the next day while he stayed home with her. She bought him a couple of new toys and he was feeling better in no time.

On Friday morning, Seth, Annabelle and I drove down for the weekend to visit and pick up the boys. We met The fam at the dock and boarded Seth's cousin's pontoon boat and drove across the lake to pick up the kids from camp. Adam stayed home again that day with Aunt Angie because he had a "stomach ache" (he was a bit homesick and thought he would see us earlier if he missed camp). I was so excited to see him because that was the first time I had ever been away for more than a night. We had a really nice afternoon and the kids got to swim a little on the way back. Then we ate some good food at the little restaurant near the dock. It was fun, though we were all very tired from the week. (Seth and I were going on just a couple of hours of sleep since the concert was the night before........and neither of us do well in that state normally) Saturday was pretty laid back too. We took the kids swimming at Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Carolyn's pool and had a really great dinner at Papa and Nana's that night.

Sunday morning, we drove our WORN OUT rear-ends home and slept about 10 hours that night in an attempt to catch up on sleep.


I didn't take my camera on the boat, but Angie did so I do have pictures....... I just have to get them from her........and she's in Orlando.......so I will post them next week.

Oh yeah, the boys definitely enjoyed camp. There were 21 campers all together and 9 of them were related in some way to them. They did a lot of swimming, canoeing, singing, and hiking.

On a cute note, before they left last Sunday, I was having a talk with them about doing the right thing while they were there and we were going through some scenarios to make sure they knew how to behave. I said, "Let's say that some kids are being mean to another kid. What would you do? " Caleb said he would go tell the chief. I laughed out loud because it made me realise that they were expecting this to be an indian camp or something. (it is just in Cherokee County and thus the name "Camp Cherokee") Then I understood a little more about Adam's reasoning for getting Aunt Lorie to cut his hair in a mohawk.

4 comments:

The Sooz said...

The mohawk suites him well.

Becky Swann said...

We saw the mohawk last night...very cool little man!

Adam and Annie said...

I always said if I ever have boys I hope they want to have mohawks at some point. I think it's so cute!

Emily said...

adam is so cute with his mohalk
he is relly funny!
Emily