Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I think I should start this post with a disclaimer:
I never get to spend the time that I need composing these things, and many times it seems like I just go barf out my thoughts onto the computer and click publish post for you all to read. So keep that in mind as I attempt to tell you very quickly a little about.................

This past weekend my dear sweet Moma won an award at the Southern Living at Home convention in Nashville. This was no ordinary award folks. It was the Lifetime Generousity Award which is the highest honor anyone can receive in a company of 30,000 consultants. It is the last thing they give in the closing ceremony for the convention.
I am always intimidated by the idea of explaining how wonderful I think my mother is, because I am sure it will come out all cheesy, but I have decided to tell you anyway. My mother is
the most selfless person I have ever encountered! She works as a consultant for Southern Living at Home and has built this huge team of girls under her that now consider her a mother to them as much as I do. She means the world to all of these gals and has been the listening ear or shoulder to cry on or giver of Godly wisdom to for each of them at many times. Doing this business has become more of a mission for her where she has truly been "light and salt " to the earth. Oh yeah, and the money she makes....she gives it away to her own children. Back to the night, the company secretly brought Dad into town that night to surprise her and put them up in the presidential suite. He said that if he had known how big this thing was, he would have brought the entire family. I was so sad that I didn't get to go. I just so happen to LOVE Nashville myselfand would have loved to be there for her. He said it was a beautiful evening and overwhelming to meet all of the girls who love and appreciate Moma the way she deserves.

See, I told you it wouldn't do it justice, but this draft has been sitting here for almost a week now and I just have to go with it......








In other Harrison news, the kids turn into Superheroes often these days, especially those that Kiah spends at our house:



I ran my second race last weekend with Rick down in Greenville. It was lots of fun. Well, not the race part cause Rick made me run too fast and I had a painful cramp in my side for the second half. BUT, hanging out with him was great and it was all good when we finished.






And Annabelle continues to be quite darling.





7 comments:

Jeremiah said...

Commenting is lame, but Marcia is the sweetest woman alive

Julie said...

:) Jeremiah is definitely one of the people in this world who knows what a great person my mom is!

Anonymous said...

Julie, just wanted to say I've been listening to your playlist. The Boss drew me in but I've enjoyed the rest. And congrats to Marcia, who, I agree, IS the sweetest woman alive. and I think commenting is cool.

Rick said...

The race was fun Jules. Thank you for not rubbing it in that you beat me.

And yes, Marcia is definitely in the top 5sweetest women I know - ok maybe top 3.

Julie said...

yeah, I did beat you Rick, but your would have smoked me if you hadn't been so sick. I am sure of that.

Becky Swann said...

Wow I can't believe Jeremiah and Nick commented before me they must be the sweetest brothers alive,
Congrats to your moma! She is amazing and you are not cheesy
(I always feel like my blogs are much better in my mind too)

Emily said...

Congrats to your mommy and you are not cheesy! I bet my mom would love to do something like that!
Anyways about last night when we were running in the rain. i would reall want to sighn up for some kind of a running calls but I mean I can not sign up for to much stuff
because my mom would have hard time getting me to practice or the real competion. Over all i would love to do it but also gas i spretty hi and like I said my mom can't drive every where. i love to run i fell as if my heart is singing ! Do you thikn I would be good in a race like something you would do? my mom and Dad say I would but I don't know?
Sorry that my letter thing is long!
HaHa does emily Peake know about your blog if not you should tell her about it! you should try to race Emily Peake she is a lightning Bolt!!!!! I really not joking! anyways I will tlak to you more about thr running thing later but for now lets just stick with this! and by the way If your sisters need help like babysitting wise I will be glad to help!!!
Emily