Saturday, June 7, 2008

The neighborhood children are out of school for the summer now which changes our lives pretty drastically. Caleb in particularly LOVES other children so his first thought in the morning is, "Can I go see if Taylor can play?" Keep in mind that Taylor is 10 and doesn't necessarily want to spend his every waking hour with a 6 (7 in a couple of weeks) year old. So, I solved the problem by paying him about a dollar an hour to babysit Caleb. Then Emily gets a dollar an hour to babysit Adam. The boys love it and I love the free time with just Annabelle. Monday they all spent the day running a lemonade stand. They sold sweet tea and lemonade to the folks driving through and the workers at the job sites. What a great learning experience for the boys and they had a blast!

I have said this many times before but I think I need to record it in my blog. I am so glad that God saw fit for Adam to arrive in this world 15 1/2 months after Caleb. It was so hard when they were babies, but now it is wonderful. They each have a perfect playmate for life. Yeah, they do fight quite a bit, but after they get disciplined for that, I usually talk to them about how they are best friends and should be thankful for one another. They get it. I want them to be best friends, and so far they really are. I believe it builds character to have to learn constantly to get along and share and love......


So any of you gals who have just one baby right now, consider having the second soon. It will be hard at first but then so much better in a few years!


I will have to say that there can be a drawback known as "double trouble" because a brother makes a perfect partner in crime. For example you might just walk into the play room one morning , and after a bit of inspection, realise that not one, but TWO boys decided to pee on a t-shirt in the middle of the floor.


That really happened last week. Boys can be so darn gross.






Annabelle at least has cousins that are close in age!





















Don't forget to come to the Monte Vista Thursday!

3 comments:

The Sooz said...

The t-shirt thing is a little on the gross side. I don't know if that's something my brothers would have done or not.

Julie said...

Tell me about it. Caleb has always been extremely naughty when it comes to peeing and Adam usually follows along.

Jessie said...

that is hilarious. i'm glad you have that documented here. one day they will no doubt read about it on here and high five over it.
and i agree about having kids close in age if you can manage it. there is something about watching your children become friends that is so heart warming.