Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Caleb's 7th Birthday

Wow. Caleb is seven years old now.





I can't believe that I have a seven year old.

It is great. I love Caleb at seven. I love getting to know him more and more each day.


Caleb was my hardest baby. It was really hard to birth him. It was really hard to nurse him. It was really hard to get him to go to sleep. It was really hard to get him to mind me. He was the ultimate strong-willed child that challenged me on EVERYTHING! (and not just once) There was a time when I felt like all I did was tell that child "no" and then discipline him for not obeying. Then there were all of the hours I spent praying for him to just go to sleep.........


But guess what!!!! That is
way in the past now and Caleb has grown into an incredible young man. He has a huge heart and loves others very well. He is the ultimate "people person" and almost overly friendly to other children.
He loves anything with wheels or a motor and if you can't find him these days, it is best to look up, because he is most likely up in a tree.
His favorite toys are guns, bows and knives. (don't cross him)
Caleb has always been very physically able in that he can smash a baseball, flip and dive into a pool, and do plenty of wheelies and other tricks on his bike.
He is a hard worker and loves being outside with Seth.
Hhhhmm, what else about him?
He is very helpful with Annabelle and loves babies.


Yeah, my Caleb has really come a long way in the last couple of years. We definitely still have our struggles, but they just can't compare to the baby and toddler days. So for right now, I am just trying to enjoy these easier in-between years. (please don't mention teenagers to me)


I love my seven year old Caleb.


Here are the birthday party pictures:

We had a pool party at Cheshire.
Thank goodness it was an indoor pool because it was indeed raining outside off and on.

He was quite excited about the pocket knife from Gray.
Annabelle really liked the weird glasses that Uncle Jonathan found and threw in his present at the last minute.



Aunt Lorie, Beth and her brother, and Jonathan enjoyed the cookie cake and ice cream.







Annabelle and Lucie had fun swimming together in the pool.





Tammy, Christian,Chandler and Annika were at the party as well.
Chandler is such an awesome brother. He is always helping Tammy with the little ones.





Tay and Em (neighbors) came too.
Emily swan with Kiah and Lanie the entire time while Tay entertained the boys.




















The party was a success......I think everyone enjoyed it.


Oh yes, on Friday Grandaddy gave Caleb his present.....AN AIRSOFT GUN
which is something he
has been wanting for a long time now. After clearing it with Seth, Grandaddy went out and bought goggles, pellets and TWO guns so that Adam could have one too. The boys were thrilled to say the least, and our backyard has turned into a major battle zone.


Boys are so weird.






Not to take away anything from the post all about Caleb, but I thought you would enjoy this video of Adam jumping off the diving board yesterday at the pool. He literally did something similar to this EVERY TIME he jumped (and he was so much smaller than anyone else jumping too). It kept me entertained.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog about Caleb. I am so blown away by the sweetness of your boys. They make me feel so loved. Your hardwork has paid off!

Anonymous said...

That comment was from me :)
-Leslie

Anonymous said...

Yes- your hardwork has paid off! You are a great mom- a very fun one too- Lanie tells me I am not as fun as you- ha ha! We had a blast at the bday party- so fun- I can not believe he is 7 -man- you are OLD Jules!!! Love you- What pool was that at- you didnt invite us! We had fun today but missed you all- Lucie was yelling at this little girl b/c she thought she had Annas swimmies- they were the same as annas- it was too funny! She was yelling!!! Anna's those Annabelles!!! Blessed to know you!

Love A

Becky Swann said...

You are such a good mommy I love how you love your kids!!

The Sooz said...

I think Caleb has changed a lot in the past few years. I can tell.

Did that jump not hurt Adam? It hurts me just watching.

Jessie said...

annabelle is so cute. but who does she look like? i can't figure it out.

Heidi and Richard King said...

I love your words about Caleb. I am sure that your sacrifice for him as a mom has given you an even greater capacity to love him. Your children are a blessing to watch and I love what a real and down-to-earth mom you are. That post blessed me...thanks.

Emily said...

I can not beleive that Caleb is seven!! He is growing up so fast!!!
you are incredible mom. the b-day paty was awesome-i enjoyed every minute of it!! I remember when caleb was 5 and adam was 2
once again I am blessed to have neighbor like you!!! make sure if you ever move that you will send me pictures and we must remember towrite every day and try to call and keep in touch!!
you and your kids are little angles sent from God!!!!!!!
Emily
If you need anything call me anytime iw ill be glad to help in any way
Emily pettit