Saturday, July 19, 2008

Days at the POOL




I was telling a friend the other day about how busy we have been lately and that I think we are busier in the summer than during the school year. Then she asked what we were so busy doing and I thought for a minute and said, "uh, we go to the pool everyday."


About 3 or 4 times a week we try to get to the pool after class which really does make for a full day. We just love the pool. I am not quite to that glorious point in life where I can sit in a chair on the side and read a book yet, but I can relax a little here and there as the boys swim and Annabelle wanders around and occasionally sticks her feet in. Nah, she is doing much better in the water these days and is all over a kiddie pool.


Anyway, we go to the Black Mountain pool with Aunt Amie and her girls and Aunt Lorie and Kiah. The boys usually wrestle and play tag in the shallow end with Lanie there while Annabelle and Lucie play in the kiddie pool together.




This week we discovered the Canton pool and the fact that they still have a diving board. How sweet is that? When I was younger all we did at a pool was jump off the diving board over and over and over. Em and Tay, our neighbors, joined us and we all went there this week for lots of flips and dives and cannonballs. I love watching them. Caleb is the little athletic guy up there who does every jump with such grace, while Adam is really funny. I mean he is good too and can do the flips and all, but he just does every jump with such gusto that you have to chuckle every time he goes in. I even dove off it a few times myself.....talk about feeling like your ten for a few seconds again!









I put more videos of the boys jumping off the diving board on our youtube page so be sure to check them out. Just click on OUR FAMILY VIDEOS.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have met amie before through jen and bill mohr. is she your sister?
jessie

Sunday Grant Photography said...

we need to meet up at the pool. BellaRose loves the water! We also LOVE the Everybodyfields!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

no i was not at that concert, i have seen them with Annie and Adam though! the pool sounds wonderful. i will try to be there. it should work out with her nap!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

julie, well it is 2:45 and BellaRose is still asleep and you have been at the pool for almost an hour. please let me know when you go again, it looks like it is not going to happen for us today. hope it was fun!

Adam and Annie said...

Sunday, stop hogging up the page! Just kidding. I want to go to the pool with you guys too! I can't believe you found a pool with a diving board. Seriously, where have they all gone?!? Insurance my foot, summer's just better with a diving board!

Adam and Annie said...

Adam and I just watched the Everybodyfields clip...oh my gosh. Seriously, can I be Jill? They are amazing! Gave us goosebumps!

Becky Swann said...

It was good to see you at the pool the other day, got your message but I was already in bed...ah life with a newborn:) but I hadn't heard the everybodyfields ever they are amazing! I just started listening on itunes, you and I could totally sing their songs!

Unknown said...

Will and I want to go to the pool with you guys too, I'm so jealous.
hadn't heard everybodyfields either, really good.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, diving boards are definitely the BOMB! I loved those too.. never got tired of jumping off over and over and over again!

I love all the pool photos too! I wish I could go 3 or 4 times a week.. man, what a life?!?

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the pool photos- email them to ME so I can get them printed!!!! We missed you today- we stayed till 3 b/c they were showing our house - missed you all-you missed a good redneck mama daughter teenage fight- Lanie was ALL into their business- FUNNY!!! Loved the vacation blog too! You are amazing! Love you- ready to kick some bootie in the am at kickboxing sis!!! Love Amie

Emily said...

Hey julie , tell your sister that she is really pretty! and should I mention she is tan all year round-it seems like it.
Thank god for the rain these days!!
Emily