Monday, September 8, 2008


Let me think........ What has been going on here at our house lately? We had our gig at Cheshire Friday and it was super fun and all but I don't want to officially blog about it until I find some pictures from someone. None of the videos turned out for various reasons (one being that it got dark really quickly and you could see anything) so you'll have to wait til next time to see some.




On the kiddo front, we started our Co-op geography class on Friday in Black Mountain. There are almost 20 kids in the class and each mom is taking a week to teach about a different country throughout the semester. Thank the Lord that most of the other moms are there in the class to help out. I don't know how regular teachers can get things done with that many kids. I guess they don't do the same types of things. Anyhow, the boys love it. Annabelle actually sat in on the class too and enjoyed it all herself. We had the class then all ate a picnic lunch in the church yard afterward. There is an art and PE class offered after the Geography but I am pretty sure we are going to skip out on those since Annabelle needs to get home for a nap. Maybe next time around. School here at the house is still going well. The boys are loving this book that is a journal of a Vietnam soilder called My Name is America: The Journal of Patrick Seamus Flaherty. Why is war so interesting to them? I guess cause they are males. That book only makes me pray harder each night that I will never have to send either on of them off to fight in a war one day.

We start each day with our least favorite subject: HANDWRITING! The boys are working through the Handwriting Without Tears workbooks. Someone needs to come up with a series called Handwriting Without Anger for Caleb.




Annabelle is talking more and more each day. Can you believe she will be two years old in less than a month!!!!!!? I will try to get a good video up soon for you of all of her jabbering. (she has a lot more to say than the boys ever did!)

Yesterday was a lovely break from motherhood for me. After church Seth was off to his baseball game and the boys went with Grandaddy and Mimi to a Bartlett family gathering in Swannanoa. Annabelle and I were supposed to meet up with them after her nap, but it just so happened that Annabelle set a nap time record and slept for almost four hours in our silent house. The child was so tired! So there I was feeling so odd with little to do on a Sunday afternoon all alone. I read some, and played my guitar, and just rested.... nice and appropriate for a Sunday. Then Grandaddy took Caleb and Adam to a church picnic at Camp Rockmont and extended my break time even longer.

Happy Birthday Aunt Leslie! I did my figuring this morning and came up with her turning 27 although I was so sure it was 28. I am always off a year when I figure her age.
We miss you so come home..........

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am always so impressed with your homeschooling.. I am definitely thinking about doing that myself.. (not any time soon since I don't have children) but when I do.. I'll be calling you for tips!!

Jessie said...

friday night was so much fun even though i spent most of the night making sure no one ate it down that hill - lucy ended up with a busted up nose despite my efforts. but i'm usually doing similar things at home, but not to the sounds of great singing and playing. hope you guys get to do that again soon. we enjoy it so much.

Julie said...

Courtney,
Honestly, homeschooling isn't as hard or intimidating as it may sound. I would love to chat with you about it one of these days. I am definitely no expert on it all though, that's for sure!

Becky Swann said...

I can't believe Annabelle is almost 2! Maybe the boys would like handwriting if you let them write goofy gross boy stuff..ha i have no idea! Glad you got a good day of rest on Sunday! that is awesome

Unknown said...

So glad to hear the awesome expreience you are having with homeschooling.
you are such a great mom.
Love that little schoolroom.
glad you got some downtime. Love those 4 hour random naps.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

we have never experienced a four hour nap but it sounds amazing! love your school room as well. i heard friday was awesome, wish we could have been there.

Adam and Annie said...

I'm sure you guys were amazing. Too bad the pics didn't come out. Your "school" area is so cute! I love that your boys are such boys.