Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sooooo, whatcha doing this Friday, September the 5th?

Well, if you are not busy, I would love for you ALL to come out to our GIG that evening! Yep, our band got another gig thanks to my lovely friend Kelly (you know, the one who makes the sweet jewelry) She lives in Cheshire Village and just so happens to be on the committee that organises neighborhood events and gatherings. Kelly thought it would be fun to have our little family band play out on their ampitheatre some Friday evening for everyone. I was delighted at the idea, of course, and lined up for us to be there with bells on.

Here are the details:


FRIDAY, SEPT. 5TH @ 7:00 PM
bring a blanket, snacks, beverages, and friends
be ready to enjoy some sweet old time country and bluegrass music!
located in the center of Cheshire Village of Route 9 in Black Mountain

Will you come? It would make me ever so happy!

By the way, one of our band's greatest struggles has been to agree upon a name. I never realised what a hard task this would be! Really, try to come up with a name for a band sometime that is catchy, not dorky, not too serious, and not already taken. Oh yes, and seven people have to agree on it too! Anyway, we are the Black Mountain Scramblers for the time being......or at least for the Cheshire gig. I like "scramblin" (like instead of "ramblin" cause we are always scramblin' around to find picks or remember chords and lyrics.....at least I am) So the Scramblin' somethings. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

5 comments:

Becky Swann said...

I am really going to try and think of a name, since I might be in this band soon:) I'm excited to hang out tonight, and hopefully can come on friday

Jessie said...

julie, we have been looking forward to this.
band names...seems like i've been thinking of band names since i was 16 and have NEVER been close to being in a band. how about the scrambled eggs? or scramblin' eggs? you've probably already thought of it. but i think its cute and down home.

KatieKate said...

Ooooooooooooooh, this is so exciting!!! I wish we could come hear!

The Sooz said...

I'm working. I know, everyone hates me.

Susannah

Heidi and Richard King said...

Oh...sounds like fun. I am hoping we can come, but Richard's reunion is this weekend to so he has got something tonight, but I want to come there first. You guys are so cool...I want a talent!