Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Adam's Birthday

I am always glad when Adam's birthday rolls around because I have been considering him that age since Caleb's birthday in July anyways. It just didn't seem right to say that Caleb was seven and Adam was only five. So now he is officially six years old. SIX AND SEVEN YEAR OLD BOYS. That sounds better.

We had his birthday party on Sunday at the Cheshire pool. It went well and he loved all of his army men and gear he received as presents. Emily was so helpful that day with the party. She helped me get everything set up and then swam with Lucie the whole time in the pool. The boys helped me make the camo cake last Thursday.



Annabelle spent the party trying to drown herself in the pool. She wouldn't wear swimmies (I didn't have the time to fight that battle) yet she was fearless in the water and would walk right down the ramp until she went under. Mimi almost jumped in the water a couple of times fully clothed to grab her! It was annoying so I sent her outside with Grandaddy to look at the horses. Thanks Dad! I am going to plan on getting to the pool with her very soon to work on this dilemma (unfortunately this will require me to get in). Emily was helpful with her too.
Hannah, Gray and Caleb
Gentry, Adam and Kiah
I do believe I need to say.......Adam is a ladies man. He loves the women.
I know, I know, we are dealing with this.
One of these days he will make a sweet, loving, cuddly husband to a lucky lady.



Sometimes I am afraid that Adam gets pushed aside in life since Caleb's personality demands so much more time and attention and because Annabelle is just younger and needs more than him. I am trying hard not to do this and I hope that it will help to just be aware of it. Adam is just a really easy, laid back kid. He is sweet and thoughtful, smart and funny, yet all-boy to the core. He still loves dirtbikes and is every comedian's dream because he laughs at EVERYTHING.



Annabelle spotted these "boops" in the top of her closet and set a personal record yesterday for the amount of time she kept a pair on her feet. She was so excited about them and kept running to the mirror to admire herself in them. cute, I tell ya.


7 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

that cake is amazing!!! Good job. Happy birthday to sweet Adam. He is so cute! Did either of your boys leave a Merrell shoe at my house? We have one with no owner right now. BellaRose is like Annabelle with the pool. I need to get her lessons or do something with her. I hate Annie and I missed your class today. The kidzone was filled and we tried twice. We did not want to sit there and try to entertain them for 30 minutes. Boy I really needed class though. Hopefully friday will be better.

Adam and Annie said...

Happy Birthday Adam! I can't believe you have 6 and 7 year old boys! So I was the third child out of 4 and I was the quiet, easy going one who often got overlooked (not so much overlooked, my other siblings just required more attention as I played quietly by myself). I don't remember ever feeling that I was not paid attention too. My mom said God gave me that personality to keep her sane because she couldn't handle 4 high maintenance kids. Unfortunately, I decided to switch in my teenage years...keep an eye on him! =) Just kidding!

Adam and Annie said...

Oh, forgot to add, the picture of the boys making the cake made me laugh out loud, and the one of Annabelle in those boots is my favorite!

KatieKate said...

I love a girl in boots! Those are so perfect!

The Sooz said...

Boops!

Becky Swann said...

Love the cake! Love her boots! Love your kids!
What days work for you next week? Wednesday doesn't work for me next week I know that is normally your best day

Jessie said...

ahhh. the middle child discussion. that has been a topic i've come into a lot lately. robbie's brother says its the privileged position...the oldest is stressing the parents and the youngest is the neediest, so the middle gets to be autonomous. my sister says it means less attention, and that sucks for some i guess. just depends on your personality i suppose.
anyway...i don't have your number, but you guys should come over sat night for fire and chit chat. byob. my number is 669-2127