Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Full Week


Let's start with our wonderful Pigeon Forge trip Wednesday through Saturday of last week. Mimi and Grandaddy rented this awesome cabin for four days there for us all to enjoy. It was really incredible and came complete with a pool table, hot tub, air hockey table and indoor pool. We were in heaven! We went to Dollywood on Wednesday and enjoyed an almost empty park with crisp cool weather. Guess what! Annabelle actually rode the little rides this time. She said no at first and then changed her mind and walked into the gate at the pig ride and climbed right in with Lucie. It was the cutest thing to see the two of them have so much fun. The next morning Seth came and joined the older 4 grandkids on a "loafin' trip" with Grandaddy. Remember last trip when Grandaddy took them loafing and came back with that huge air soft machine gun? You can imagine the lasting impact that trip had on the boys so when they thought of another trip to Tennessee, they were just as excited about loafing as they were about Dollywood. I think they ended up going to some arcade and eating LOTS of candy for a few hours while Amie, Mimi, Lucie, Annabelle, and I spent the day at the outlets. Why is shopping so fun? Well, it is fun when there are sales, and there were a few there. I mainly just enjoyed hanging out with Mom and Amie.

The next day we woke up ate breakfast, had a birthday party for Annabelle all went to Dollywood again. It was Seth's first time there so that was pretty exciting. We rode all of the big rides this time around and ate big ol' turkey legs and drank ice lemonades and all that good theme park stuff. Then that night we ate yummy seafood that Amie and Chuck brought from there beach trip earlier week and enjoyed the hot tub.

My favorite part was all of the "Mimi time" I got...... especially while Annabelle and Lucie rode the kiddie rides over and over and the others rode the bumper cars. Mom and I just hung out and talked and watched and all. The cutest part of the day was watching Annabelle open her presents. She loved the stroller, babies, and sunglasses.





Then, we came home and Nana, Papa, Amy, Uncle Heath, Aunt Nicole, and Aaron arrived a little later that night. The boys had fallen asleep in the car and so we made them little pallets in our bedroom so that Uncle Heath and Nicole could sleep in their beds. However, BOTH of them got up the middle of the night and got into bed with them! Heath said that it was kinda funny but that the twin beds got really small in the end! The next morning they all headed to the Elk Reserve while Annabelle and I stayed home and cleaned house.



Then they went to watch Seth pitch and shut down the best team in the men's baseball league.


That night we cooked out and celebrated Annabelle again with another party. The boys especially enjoyed playing with Amy and all of the little treats Nana brought along for them as always.

All in all, everything was just too short and I wished it could have lasted longer.




















And now I have a two year old which I may try to write about tomorrow.

6 comments:

Adam and Annie said...

Annabelle looks so old in those pictures! I just saw her a few months ago. I can't believe it was Seth's first trip to Dollywood. Seriously, what kind of southerner is he? Niki and I went to Dollywood one fall, it was empty and SO much fun! I love that your family gets together so much. You guys are the cutest!

Anonymous said...

Hi sis- I love reading the blog! It was an amazing trip!!!! You are so fun and we are so blessed!! Praying about yoru house! Love you! Call me tomorrow I wil try and get the photos to you asap!

Anonymous said...

Hi sis- I love reading the blog! It was an amazing trip!!!! You are so fun and we are so blessed!! Praying about yoru house! Love you! Call me tomorrow I wil try and get the photos to you asap!

Jessie said...

i really hope that after we have 3, we can create as much fun for ours as you guys do. i'm inspired by families that live a full life even though all that fun can be a lot of work. happy birthday to cute little annabelle.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

oh my goodness you had some fun for sure!!! that is awesome. you guys are so much fun!!! missed you class today. bambi is intense!

Julie said...

Annie, Amie, Jesse, Sunday, and anyone else who read this up until now..... Sorry about all of the typos. I was really tired when I wrote that and didn't feel like proofreading. Some of it didn't even make sense!