Friday, September 26, 2008

I haven't blogged this week for a couple of reasons.
1. The whole gas shortage thing has caused us to carpool to Black Mountain with Seth where I have spent the day without a computer.
2. Any free time that I haven't been using to play the guitar or shower or something else, I have spent stressing and working on my lesson for our co-op geography class. (mainly stressing and thinking, "I will not blog until I get this stuff done.") I was supposed to be the teacher today but they canceled class because of the gas situation. whew!

It would have been really helpful to know yesterday, however, Seth deleted the email notifying us about the cancellation! Instead, I spent the day feeling like I was in school again myself with this big project due in the morning that I had procrastinated on until that night. I have serious procrastination issues.

I guess it is all good now because I am almost done preparing and I have a few more weeks until I teach now.

Anyhow, for the journal aspect of keeping a record for life: This has been the week of the infamous gas shortage in Asheville. Wednesday we carpooled with Seth to Black Mountain and then walked from the gym to my parent's rental house (which is empty because Lorie and Kiah just moved to Boone) where Annabelle took a a nap and we did our schoolwork. It was actually a lovely day, nice weather, quiet. During school breaks, the boys had a blast playing in the woods behind the house while I watched and played the guitar a bit. The many fallen trees made great forts and war trenches. After Annabelle woke up, we all walked down the road to McDonalds for lunch and then Seth came to get us. It was a really good day though I am so glad that we have two vehicles normally. Walking could get old pretty quickly.

When we were at the house, Caleb looked up at me with big ol' tears in his eyes and said, "Moma, being here just makes me miss Kiah more." Yeah, we are missing those two gals more than I had expected. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal when they moved to Boone because they'd be home a lot and they were up there most of the time anyways. But, we miss them......especially Caleb. It is not the same to just talk on the phone.

My camera is messed up and I am in the process of getting up the nerve to tell Seth that we need a new one. so no new pictures. just words.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I miss you all, too! Caleb is so sweet. Thanks for blogging. I don't feel like I miss as much of the fun stuff since I can read about it and see your pictures. Feel free to post everyday!

Aunt Lorie

Anonymous said...

P. S. When are you coming to visit?

Aunt Lorie

Becky Swann said...

way to get your schoolwork done before blogging:) way to go walking everywhere I can't imagine that with 3 kids!

Niki said...

Becky is right, you are a trooper. I kind of think that would be fun, though. Makes me wish I lived where I could walk into town.

I have always been a pretty big procrastinator too.

Unknown said...

Wow, multitasker mania.
i have to say about that lesson planning, my hands are sweating just thinking of it.
thanks for coming to the party, it was great to hang with you all.