Sunday, September 21, 2008

Yea for the first day of Fall tomorrow! I plan on celebrating by doing school with the boys, practicing my finger-picking skills (taught to me by the oh-so-talented Becky Swann) and hopefully (if no other child gets sick) teaching kickboxing class.

Yep, Becky and I are starting ourselves a new little music endeavor and I am stoked about it. Becky is really good on the guitar and I am hoping to learn lots from her. It will be heaven for all of you chick-folk music lovers (think Patty Griffin, Gillian Welch, Indigo Girls, The Weepies, or Be Good Tanyas). I told Seth that he might not really think it is all that great because he finds my favorite music pretty boring. However he said, "You know Julie, it's kinda like this: I don't really like to watch womens basketball, but if you were playing I would come and watch anyways." I suppose that is sweet but I can't get past the fact that he compared my music to womens basketball.

I am pretty sure the sickness has passed over the house now and we are all germ-free. Adam had a low fever today but seems to be alright now. He is so sweet when he is sick unlike his brother who lays around and moans loudly.

Caleb is up and running and Annabelle seems just fine (aside from attitude problem here and there).

9 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

That is awesome that you and becky are starting a band. I would come and see you, but I would never compare it to women's basketball! I was SO sore from class the other day, I am still recovering. I have no idea how you teach 2 classes back to back!

KatieKate said...

YAY a band!!!

I seriosuly want to make a lullabye record... start practicing. And then, when I visit, we'll throw all the kids in one room and record our little hearts out.

Anonymous said...

You and Becky! How stinking cool! I would definitely come watch you play ten millions times over woman's basketball anyday!!!

Adam and Annie said...

Women's basketball? Seriously Seth! Ha, so funny. I love that you guys are combining your musical talents, and seriously all those singer/bands you mentioned are all my favorites! You guys should record an album.

Niki said...

Hey! I think I'm going to come to your kickboxing class today. I hope you are still having it. Hope everyone is all better, too. I cannot get over how much older Annabelle looks with her pretty blonde curls. It has obviously been too long since I've seen you guys.

Very very excited to hear you and Becky play together.

Jessie said...

take it as a compliment. not a compliment "can you get off my lap? you're kind of a big girl now." said to me by my man. lovin' him lately.

KatieKate said...

Ok, so I've been keeping up with you on blogline for, um, forever... but I did it anonymously because I didn't want you to think I was weird.

But you were braver than me and came out first :) Good job.

Becky Swann said...

Ha yes we shall be the straight Indigo girls! I'm glad you are excited I have re-fallen in love with my music so thank you for getting it going again! It's an awesome compliment to being a stay at home mom. Tell Seth thank I will throw a women's basketball at his face! ha

Becky Swann said...

Oh next time lets take a picture of ourselves and put it on our blogs:)