Monday, March 9, 2009


Can you believe the beautiful weather we had here this weekend!? Both Saturday and Sunday were dreamy days of 70 degrees with a lovely breeze. The kids spent Saturday at Mimi and Grandaddy's house while Seth and I cleared out, cleaned up and painted the house for our showing on Sunday. Yep, that is right, we had a showing of our house on Sunday. I debated on whether I should post about it, because I don't want to get my hopes up, but I need your prayers. The family is renting in Biltmore Lake but likes the lot size and price of our house. I think the showing went well. They seemed to like the house.........

We will see....

Seth and I have decided to run the Greenway 5K/10K next month so we ran a few times together last week. We loaded up the kids and went to a local park/soccer fields area and took turns running and watching the kids play. It was good for me to have Seth because he brings the common sense into the mix and made sure that we eased into it by running a couple of miles the first day rather than 5 or something. Running uses different muscles than teaching aerobics so we were both pretty sore last week. It has been a good thing. Seth is a natural runner. He used to run 6 minute miles and smoke everyone on the Montreat baseball team back in college, so he is gonna be a superstar by the time the race rolls around. I am not at all made for distance running but I am in pretty good shape already and like the challenge.

I will keep you posted on the house thing.

BTW, go read Jessie's blog. I love when she posts!

5 comments:

Adam and Annie said...

Sent a prayer when I got the text. We'll keep them coming until you get your answer. I woke up to snow this morning and almost cried. It was in the 50's this weekend here which was the warmest we've seen yet. Adam and I both worked all weekend so we were excited for our day off together on Monday. I looked out the window this morning and splat, that was the sound of my mood falling. =)

KatieKate said...

Ugh. SHowing/selling houses is the WORST... especially with kids and trying to keep things clean for unexpected viewers. Prayers to you!!!

And you are so inspiring with your running! The thought of running that far makes me wanna gag. BUT, I make awesome signs. Come run in Michigan and I"ll be at the finish line cheering for you!

Courtney said...

Praying for a SOLD!!

And I'm excited about running the Greenway with everyone.. thanks for including us in that.. I told Paul and he was like "you want me to do so all the girls can beat me" and I said "no, Seth will beat you too!".. ha!

Jill said...

I am so envious of your 70 degree days. We have finally warmed up and had several days above 32. OUr snow is just about all melted. At least it is all gone from the yard. Now we are left cleaning up after the neighbors dogs. Our kids can't even take 2 steps in the yard with out coming in very close proximity of poop. I could write a whole post on that subject. Wel sorry for my spelling, the codone is still effecting my fingertips. have to go back to sleep.....

Jessie said...

annabelle is a natural little cowgirl.
i can't wait to see everyone in the greenway race. how nice that you and seth are going to do that together. i'm betting both of you are going to place (is that the right verb for races?).