Monday, May 25, 2009

I have a fifth new favorite thing....... a hula hoop. Bambi, my boss at the gym, gave me one for my birthday the other day and said to go to hoopgirl.com to check it out. Apparently you can learn to teach a hula workout class. Honestly, I am a little skeptical that one can actually get a good workout from it, but I do know that we have had lots of fun with it this week.














Our neighbor, Emily, will be rejoining our family in a week since her school year is finishing up. Nothing much better than an eleven year old girl who loves to hang out and help me around the house and with the kids!






Here is a little bit of Annabelle cuteness for ya:












Seth and I ran the Ninja 5K at the Asheville Brewing Co. this weekend. I wasn't super thrilled about it because I haven't had a chance to run at all since the last race and no one else we knew would be there. However, we ended up having a great time and considered it a date night. I thought we were supposed to dress as super heroes until about 5 hours before the race when I checked online to see that we were supposed to be Ninjas. We decided to go with our original cape plan anyhow and made some headbands from them to sort of go with the theme.





Gearing up with our shoe chips and numbers.











The race was pretty intense because the course was so hilly. I am pretty sure we didn't run on anything flat for more than 20 yards at a time.




The post race beers were a great treat. Then we walked around downtown for a while before deciding to head home where the beer was cheap and we could play music together.










I did like running with the cape on and think maybe I will wear it from now on when I run.


By the way, this was my 200th post. That is a lot of blogging.

7 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

You two are so cool! How fun that you can play music together and you run together. I am jealous. Looks like fun.

Anonymous said...

wow we look preety good doing the hula hooop. anna loved that!!!!

-Em

Amie Pittman said...

Too cute!!! I am impressed!!! CALL ME STINKY!

Courtney said...

WOW! 200 post! That is amazing! Congrats!

And the 5k sounds like a lot of fun.. I definitely think you should wear the cape! Love it!

Oh and the hula hoops.. have you ever done the Wii hula hoop thing.. it is such a workout.. it kills your abs and obliques. (I can't spell so sorry!) but it's a killer.. so i bet this workout would be awesome.. Though i'm not so good a keeping a hula hoop up on my hips.. so I'm better at the Wii game.

Jill said...

Love the video of Annabelle, she is so stinkin cute. Good luck on your trip to the beach!

KatieKate said...

date night = running
wow
You are so hard core.

I sersiously dig the cape, though. Next time, a tutu?

Congrats on 200! Love the hula hoops!

Niki said...

Oh the cape is funny! I wish you were like Courtney and took the camera on the run with you. I'd love to see the cape flowing out behind you. I bet you looked like you were on your way to rescue someone...and you wanted to be the first one there.

Annabelle is just so cute.