Tuesday, May 19, 2009

New Favorite Things

I am going to join Courtney in her NEW favorite things list. Her rules were tell everyone about 5 new things that you are enjoying these days with photos. Here it goes:

1. aprons: It is no secret that I don't enjoy cooking. I do it but I just don't like it. Lately I have been making a point to wear my cute apron when I cook which seems to help me enjoy it a little more......like being in character or something. (I will be barefooted as well) I have decided to sew a really cute one in the near future. Here are some inspiration photos for me. You can find all sorts of sassy little aprons at the etsy shop. Maybe I will just buy one from Katie instead.



Here is the pattern I need.








PS Seth doesn't believe this plan will work in the least.








2. Caroline Herring.



She is my newest love in music. I have only downloaded 5 songs so far but I am thinking I will buy more soon. She is from Decatur, GA so I hope she will tour around here.
love her voice...
love her lyrics...
love the banjo in the songs...
love her sound...



3. PiYo which is an "athletic blend of Pilates, Yoga, and strength training". I added this stuff to my classes and have been sore for the entire last month because of it. Sometimes I really hate it mainly because I am not that good at it but I am learning to like it more and more as it gets easier.


















4. Wedding stuff!

My sister, Leslie, and Paul are getting married. SOOON! I cannot tell you how excited I am about this event and all of the planning a preparations that we shall be doing over the next few months. We had a Bartlett girl conference call (mom hooked us up SLAH style) last night to hear the details of the engagement and hear what Leslie had to say about it all. We hopefully will be taking a girl's weekend in June to shop for her gown. Les is getting a flight into Charlotte or Atlanta and we will drive to meet her there.





















Well, I can't think of a 5th thing at this time nothin' new anyways but I will go ahead and publish this. Maybe I will add one more later!

6 comments:

Becky Swann said...

I just did my 5 things and saw that you had updated and I thought I bet Julie did it too! This was a fun post to read, I love aprons too and I wish it was cool to wear them out like to the grocery store! I hadn't heard of Caroline Herring but I just watched that video and I loved it! I think I will have to check her out and learn her songs! (and maybe we can both learn them hint hint!)
That is so fun about Leslie's wedding, has she chosen a date yet?

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i love your 4 things! i have several aprons and i love to wear them but i also love to cook. i need to listen to that video i am sure i will love her, plus she is a georgia girl and that usually means they are pretty cool! I am so sore from your classes ALL the time. Like right now it is a little difficult to type b.c my arms are so sore from cardio kick. Should that even happen? I LOVE a wedding. I love everything about them!

Amie Pittman said...

I think #5 should be turbo kick! We LOVE that class- you are an amazing teacher! Love taking your class! Oh OR it could be the love b/t our kids- that is pretty dang cool too!!! Love ya sis!

Courtney said...

Yeah! I love that you are playing as well! And it's so fun to learn things about everyone.

Aprons are cool.. I have several but I always forget to put it on whenever I start cooking!

I haven't heard of Caroline Herring either.. but she does seem awesome!!

And yeah WEDDING!! And to a Paul! Good choice! HA! I love that veil too.. it's beautiful!

KatieKate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KatieKate said...

aprons are ALWAYS a good idea...
I'm working on some simple ones that you can wear over jeans, SoHo style. I'm not sure... but something tells me you'll love it.

I loooooooove the veil in that photo!