Sunday, May 17, 2009

The good news is that my camera is repaired, in the mail, and on the way to me. The other good news is that it was under warranty and there was no charge! I will get a new video up of Annabelle singing for you as soon as it arrives. Her Annie covers have come a long way in the past month or so.


We celebrated my Granny's 80th birthday a few weeks back with a cookout at the 'rent's house. The kids really had a great time playing with my cousin's kids. Grandaddy got the boys busy splitting firewood. They loved that.

The girls played on the swings. At one point they were all dressed up in Mimi's dress-up clothes. I wish I had gotten a picture.....so cute.


Here is the wood splitting action. I can't wait until we move to our next house because we plan on having a wood stove in the basement. I realise that the fun of cutting wood could wear off after a while......but, no, actually it may not because Seth seriously cuts wood for fun. He always has.




Of course there was singing! Granny loves for us to sing for her.


Doesn't Granny look great? She still push mows her yard.


Ah yes, and Leslie was there. How could I forget to mention that. I miss her so badly this week. Her visit was so wonderful!





_________________________________________________________

We made another trip to Dollywood this past Thursday and Friday.



This time Annabelle rode the flying elephants and a horse on the Merri-go-round.



We soaked them again on the river battle ride.




The best part of the trip this time was definitely the show. It was much better than I had expected it would be (and I had high expectations). I am no theater critic but I think I could say that it was my favorite play ever. Dolly Parton wrote all of the songs and the theme of the play was her love for the Smokey Mountains. Nothing entertains me more than live music with singing and dancing........ and gymnastics too! We watched the show both Thursday and Friday and loved it each time! The boys both said that it was their favorite part of the day. I will admit that the entire time I am watching anything like that I am aching inside to be up there doing it too. I totally missed that calling in my life. .... got married and had babies instead I guess. Maybe when my kids are older I can go be in a musical at Dollywood and you can all come see me!





Saturday morning Annabelle and I had to get up early and drive home so I could teach class. Mimi and Grandaddy took the boys and Kiah "loafing". They found a really great craft fair, went to and arcade, and hiked to a cool waterfall. I hate that I missed out!


I am not sure where this museum with all of the taxidermed animals fell into the picture but Adam told me all about the snakes and foxes and bears and such there.


4 comments:

Jill said...

I've said it before, but you all really know how to have a great time! i wish I could play and instrument. and I secreatly love theater too, but I never go.

Courtney said...

Oh my.. please do that! Join the Dollywood musical team! We would so come see you preform! You can always have more than one calling.. and children/babies.. and preforming musical/dancing can always happen!! Don't give up on your dream!! = )

Becky Swann said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the aching to be up there I have the same feeling everytime I watch any girl singing and playing her guitar...jeremiah doesn't want to be around me when I watch my Patty Griffin DVD because then the longing begins :) but we haven't missed it we just need to find other places to play!! like open mic nights!!

Unknown said...

i've missed so many posts. I'm behind and feeling overwhelmed, so i'll just say that the harrisons always have fun. So glad that you went to dollywood, I have a strong desire to take will very soon.
I love that you played and sang for your granny, so sweet.