Monday, May 11, 2009

I have obtained more pictures from the events surrounding Leslie's visit. On that Thursday, Amie called me around 9amish and said sleepily, "uh, do y'all want to got o Dollywood?" I was taken a little off guard, but I truly love spur of the moment plans and told her "absolutely".
In a couple of hours we were all off to the state of Tennessee where the country music is sweet... as is the syrup at the abundant pancake houses throughout the land!

The most significant occurrence of this trip was the advancement Annabelle made in her amusement park riding. Folks, she actually rode a horse on the Merri-go-round this time rather than on the bench in Mimi's lap! The child is not a daredevil in the least, which I have found to be quite helpful in my parenting experience. She and Caleb are both overly cautious and that along with their advanced physical strengths and balance are of little worry for me most of the time in that sense. I rarely have to worry about either of them falling. Adam is another story though! Anyhow, she was so very proud of herself for riding a horse and the teacups. Amie and I had to ride those with them which was pretty uncomfortable for us. We both noticed that we are so much queasier these days after having our kiddos and spending so much of our time barfing from morning sickness. We just tried to focus on something not spinning and push through.


The River Battle still remains to be our favorite ride as a whole. We got Leslie on it and Amie, Dad and I SOAKED her and Chuck from the shore. It is so much fun to shoot those things.


Lanie is showing the girls one of the hundreds of caterpillars she found along the sidewalk that day.



Annabelle and Lucie in the kiddie rides. I think Annabelle rode the ducks 7 times.




Posing for a picture


Riding the tram back to the car.....tired, wet, dirty and hungry. but oh so happy!



How funny, Amie just called and asked if we wanted to go this Thursday.
I think we just might. (remember, we have season passes)


There is a new show that opened this past weekend that I cannot wait to see. Don't worry, I will write all about it for you in a week or two!

6 comments:

Amie Pittman said...

Well once again dear sis, you have done an amazing job putting our memories into words and on well kinda on paper. Now how do we get them on paper. I must add that "THAT CATAPILLAR" came home w/ us and lived for almost a week in a plastic storage container nursed by Miss Lanie Pittman- too cute but man did he stink! Great Dollywood trip! Ready to go back!!!! YES I WANT TO SEE THE PLAY TOO! DOnt forget LANIE rode the SLIDEWINDER 5 times w/ me and ADAM!! Wahoo and we got to hear Boos reaction to the "Mystery Mine" the cool cool roller coaster- AND Julie didnt spill the beans too much about the twists and turns!!! Wahoo- I love you Jules- great kickboxing class today to- you are so dang talented adn BUFF!!! Love you!

Julie said...

Thanks for adding that stuff Amie. We made lots of cool memories that day didn't we? What about how long you all waited for me to come up to make the "weight" to ride the slidewinder.

I am excited about Thursday. You should come early to my house and we'll do some PiYo before we go!

Courtney said...

I've never been to Dollywood.. but it sure does look like a lot of fun!!!

Becky Swann said...

That looks like such a fun time, and even more fun spur of the moment like that! the kids must have been so excited, Great pictures!!

Adam and Annie said...

I LOOOOVE Dollywood! I bet it's fun with kids too! =)Way to be spur of the moment. I'm impressed. Looks like a great day.

KatieKate said...

I love it when days like that happen- unplanned and awesome. So great. And, I love that you have seaon passes to Dollywood. That is so fantastic to me.