Saturday, June 13, 2009

Let me tell you (and as to keep a record) a little about Miss Annabelle these days. The child is quite a character and keeps me entertained and busy every day. She loves to make us laugh and is always paying attention to what we are saying even though it may not obvious at the time. For example, how she calls Granddaddy "Gran-Granny". She slipped up and called him that a few months back and since we thought it was cute and funny, she pretends that she can't say Granddaddy. Sometimes she even slips up and says Granddaddy but quickly corrects herself to call him "Gran-Granny." The same thing goes for "megit". One day she called music "megit".... which I thought was so weird because she doesn't really mispronounce many words. I told a Seth about it that evening saying something like music being her worst word. Now she puts such emphasis on "megit" when she says it and has even referred to it as her worst word.

This first video was from when we stopped at McDonalds on the drive home from the beach. The kids were playing on the playground and we were right inside watching them through the window. Annabelle was quite taken with this statue and made us laugh so much as she talked to him, sat on his lap, gave him hugs, and planted many kisses right on his mouth. It was so funny to watch and she kept at it for so long, that I ran out to the car and tried to get a little on video to share with you. The weirdest thing was that I don't think she knew we were watching at first and so she wasn't neccessarily entertaining us.......just being weird.





Did you hear who she said he was? Gran-granny! Now that was definitely for my entertainment!






The real struggle these days with my Annabelle is getting dressed. I am not too particular about what she wears and I don't mind for her to choose. However, that is not the problem. Here, let me give you a scenario:

We go to her room and I pull out a couple of little cotton sundresses for her to choose between. She picks one pretty quickly and puts it on. Immediately she collapses to the floor in a panic, totally flipping out because she wants the other dress.
OK, no big deal, we can switch it.
As soon as we get it changed she once again falls to the floor screaming and flipping out because she wants the other dress.
This could go on for hours.

really.

I have learned that I must give her a dress, tell her to put it on, and then spank her if she resists. As soon as it is on, I quickly find a distraction and the battle is over. Same goes for shoes. She can't handle the choice. It is a little funny when I think about it now, but I tell ya, at that moment, it is anything but amusing to me.

She is a bit of a nutcase. wonder where she got that.

BTW, I saw online where you will be able to get your blog printed as a book!!!!!! Seeing how I completely quit scrapbooking when Annabelle arrived, I am stoked about the prospect of that. Oh yeah, baby!

4 comments:

KatieKate said...

We battle getting dressed, as well. I think you're handling it great... at least, your hind-sight perspective on it is great :)

There are lots of good blog-to-book websites out there... check out blurb.com, too. A bit more expesive, but man, you can do some really amazing stuff there.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

she is so cute. i love watching her walk through the gym when i am working out. those dimples and that smile make me melt!!!

Amie Pittman said...

Love me some Anna!!! Miss me some boys!! A

Niki said...

What a sweetie! Did she sing don't take my Mama away? I love that.
Hope you guys are enjoying your week alone together. and thanks for the story about getting her dressed. It's good to have a little peek into the struggles ahead.:)