Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Caleb's 8th Birthday Party

We have the swim birthday parties at Cheshire down to a science now. Swim-cake-presents-swim again.......parents of non-swimmers must stay, some adults watch kids as others set up or clean up.......in and out within 2 1/2 hours. Aside from our normal neighborhood squabbles, the party went as smoothly as possible.














Annabelle had some wardrobe issues at the party. I forgot her favorite swim suit, which she calls her "heart bathing suit" (but because she can't say her R's, it sounds like her hot bathing suit....too cute), so Aunt Amie brought this one for her instead. She was not happy. She didn't want to wear a "kini".





Emily was so sweet and tried to help me by playing with her in the water.













































After the cake and presents she was a happier gal and enjoyed swimming with Emmie.




Caleb had a great time! Maybe I will write a post about him and how I am dazed by the fact that I have an 8 year old.

5 comments:

Adam and Annie said...

Seriously, how do you have an 8 year old?!? Weren't we all just at Montreat? Time is going by so quickly, I can't believe it sometimes!

Becky Swann said...

Happy Birthday caleb! I can't believe he is 8!! That party looks fun, and Annabelle that is one "Hot" bathingsuit :)

Niki said...

That looks like so much fun! I always thought swim parties were the best birthday parties.

Such a sad picture of Annabelle in the 'kini.

Amie Pittman said...

I bet she hated the "kini" b/c it was too big- her Aunt Amie is used to "thicker" children!!! Did you find the heart bathingsuit??? Just let her keep it!!! :) Maybe she will grow into it next year! I miss ya!

Anonymous said...

I am ready for a new blog!!!!!!!!!! ha ha! A