Thursday, August 6, 2009

I probably should write some sort of reflective post considering that tomorrow Seth and I will celebrate our tenth anniversary and Caleb is 8 years old, but truthfully, (and obviously) I haven't been in blogging mode lately. Don't worry though, I am one big phase so I will probably be back to it in a month or so. Until then, I give you another picture post. Here are some things we've been up to this summer:

We stopped by Lake Hartwell to hang out with the Bobilyas this past weekend. The boys got to ride the tube with Mr. Dana. Annabelle had no interest in even getting in the boat much less the tube. She is so different from the boys! She was perfectly content to stay on the shore with me while I read.












We spent the weekend down in Georgia with the Harrisons. It was a pretty laid back time. Nice break.


Don't ya just love Caleb's expression in this picture? He isn't as angry as he looks.... just annoyed at me for wanting a priceless cousin picture.







Anytime my Dad has Lanie and Lucie for the evening because Chuck has tennis and Amie is at a SLAH gathering or party, he usually calls me up with plans for us to get in on. This time it was the circus. We aren't talking the Ringling and Bros. Circus. This was a local LOW budget outfit that sets up at the Ag Center. It was quite an adventure. We all got a huge kick out of the entire production. My favorite quote from the evening was when I asked Annabelle what her favorite part of the circus was. She said, "My favowite paht was when the big lady climbed up the rope in she panties." Lucie and Annabelle were thoroughly impressed with all of the sparkling leotards. Lanie loved the dogs the most.




My friends, Paul and Amy invited us to join them at Bull Creek Ranch for a couple of afternoons last week. That place is definitely one of our most favorite spots to be so we jumped at the chance to get over there. We swam, fished, kayaked, canoed, and whittled. It was lovely.








































































4 comments:

Adam and Annie said...

It looks like you guys are having a great summer. I love low budget events like local circuses, they are so entertaining to watch! Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 10 years!! Oh, and The Big Surprise Tour was really good and really fun. Tons of energy. You guys are going to LOVE it! We saw it opening night, you guys I think are seeing it closing night, so you know it will be good! Can't wait to talk about it!

Becky Swann said...

Summer is meant for having plenty to blog about but no time to blog! I'm glad I got to see some pictures of all the fun the circus sounds perfect!

KatieKate said...

kids at the lake... those pictures (especially the action shots) are always so great!

Niki said...

Happy Anniversary!
Your kids are always having so much summer fun. I love that the boys were whittling in one picture. That whole camp looks like a kid's paradise.
And I love Annabelle's quote. The "she panties" part, especially. :) I did lol.